RE: [TexasCzechs] Jiri Marek b.1664

  • DFC
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007

      Thanks for such a quick response, Pat

      Well, common sense tells me that there probably aren’t two different families with similar names from Cermna, yet…?

      I have brothers Vaclav and Jiri Marek who were born in Cermna.  I have Vaclav Marek b.1660 married first to Magdalena Pechacek and the second time to her sister, Marena Pechacek.  Then I have Vaclav’s brother, Jiri b.1664 married to Magdalena Pecha.  I never noticed the similarities until now.  Guess I was too enthralled in the family’s details.  This was research information by Frantisek Silar that was shared with me.  There is even a reference number (like a church record #) next to Jiri and Magdalena’s marriage information.  This makes me think it is solid information.

      I guess I first need to verify that we are talking about the same Mareks.  Are your Jiri and Vaclav Marek from Cermna or Verovice?  If Jiri is from Verovice, did he move there from Cermna?

      BTW is the book you mentioned by Jan Beseda available for purchase?

      Doris  Barton Coats