Contact in, or traveling to the Frenstat/Trojanovice area?

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3 2:07 PM
      I would very much like to acquire some photos of a few houses that my
      ancestors lived in or were born in (for Trojanovice) and perhaps also
      Frenstat. If there is someone planning to visit there at some point
      in the near future, perhaps I could ask them to take a few photos for
      me?

      I am also curious about older Frenstat area cemeteries and what
      information the markers might turn up. Does anyone know if there are
      indexes for any of them?

      I ask, because there is no way in heck that I can afford to visit
      Moravia in the near future, and I know that there are members here who
      have been to Frenstat/Trojanovicee several times--or go at least once
      a year. I also can't really afford to pay an arm or leg to a CR
      researcher. I know, it's not anyone else's problem. I thought it
      might not hurt to ask.

      Thank you,
      Richard
    • Willie Petruy
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3 3:13 PM
        Message
        Dr. Simicek has researched Frenstat and Trojanovice.  If you tell me the names you are looking for, I will look in my book.  Carla Petruy

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3 4:20 PM
          Richard, I have a copy of the Frenstat pod Radhostem Cemetery book by Robert Roesner.  What names are you looking for in the Frenstat Cemetery?
          Nancy

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3 5:52 PM
            Nancy:  While you are looking, could you look for a Frantisek (Frank) Parma?

            Gilbert Bohuslav

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3 7:14 PM
              Gilbert, there is:
              Frantisek Parma - b. 22.10.1908  d.14.11.1961  Another name on the tombstone is "Jurecka".

              Frantisek Parmova, b. 02.12.1887   d. 18.02.1918 and another name on his tombstone is "Stepanova".

              Other Parma individuals listed are Ales, Alfred, Antonin, Frantiska, Ivan, Leon, Miroslav.

              Also there are Parmova names: Anna, Arnost, Aurelie, Berta, Bohuslav, Eduard,  Frantiska, Jaroslav, Karel, Ludmila, Ludmila, Ludmila, Marie, Marie, Marie, Rajmund, Vincenc, Vlasta, Vlasta.

              Also Parmy: Alfred, Aloise, Bohuse, Bozetecha, Ivan, Lubos, Neklana, Roberta

              Hope one of these is yours.
              Nancy

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 4 8:05 AM
                Hello Carla and Nancy,

                I was thinking about potential information outside of his (great) work.
                Something like a stray name or two within the area cemeteries of
                Frenstat and Trojanovice. Photos of a few of the houses (even in
                current day) would be great to have.

                His work for the Bacak line wonderfully goes back to nearly 1700
                (regarding Matej Bacak). I was curious about any potential
                unaccounted-for burial markers that bare the Bacak or Baczak name. (to
                include other possible variations of spelling.)

                Can you look in your book for me, Nancy? where were you able to get the
                Frenstat pod Radhostem Cemetery book by Robert Roesner ? I bet it's an
                interesting book.

                Thank you for responding to my post!

                Richard
              • Nangotoo

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 6 4:39 AM
                    Carla,

                    I have the names from his book, I just need the pictures.  Do you have info on who is buried in the cemeteries in Frenstat, too?
                    Nan

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 6 10:23 AM
                      Richard, I purchased the book from Mr. Roesner in 2000 when it was first published.  Since his death, I don't know if it has been reprinted or not.  You could write to Mrs. Roesner at 24814 Saddlespur Ln. Katy, TX. 77494-5627 to see if there are any copies for sale.  He also did cemetery books for lots more villages.