Re: Fayetteville Catholic Cemetary Look-up

  • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2007
      Paula,

      This is what I wrote to Bernard in 2005 about that 1900 census:

      "Some things in the census make me think Anna Jakl was his 2nd wife.
      This is just a hunch I have a feeling about. IF the Anna Marek in the
      1900 census is the correct Anne Marek she has 6 children listed and
      the 6th is Amelia born about 7/1891 who is not on your list. Anne
      says she is a widow and it is very clear that the enumerator put 10
      for years married and then crossed it out since she was a widow (if
      you go through the pages it appears the enumerator included the # of
      years married for the widows and probably after the fact someone went
      through and lined out the # in that column for the widows since the
      enumerator wasn't supposed to record the # of years married for
      widowed people). The 6 children listed do not include Edward or Mary
      who both could be married. In the column for # of children born there
      is a 6 that has the #7 written over the 6. For the # of children
      still living the enumerator wrote 7. If, in 1900, Anna was telling
      the truth then Edward, Mary, Emma, George, John, Frank, Annie and
      Amelia make 8 children. But if Mary Marek died very young and Anna
      didn't count her it would make 7 children."

      Note that this paragraph was included in an email I sent to Bernard
      before I even knew that Frantisek or Anna were each married twice. I
      didn't know about Amelia "Mollie".

      I'll send the information on the 6 children of Frantisek and Anna.

      Kathy

      PS: In Archive in CZ for Spalov, Moravia the surname is Jakl. Anna
      and her sister Frantiska did use Jackel

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "paulasmaggie" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

      <SNIP>
      > Kathy, We have Cousin Bernards Frank and Anna, but the children do
      > not line-up. We have Anna Jackel(Jakl) in the 1900 Burleson County
      > Census as having children (the oldest being born in 1881/youngest
      > 1891). She is listed as a widow. So, the question still stands did
      > Frank remarry and are these his kids. I have completed Frank Marek
      > and Pauline Krenek Maraks son Edward and Veronika Tomastik family
      > history. I am just double checking now to make sure that there is
      > no Frank Marek buried beside Pauline Krenek or there is not a Frank
      > and Anna Marek buried together in Fayetteville. This information
      > you sent may shed some light hopefully. paulasmaggie
      <SNIP>