A larger view

  • George Patrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      I thought that some of the older folks (and maybe a youngster or two) might want to take  a look at this  new piece of technology  that was brought to my attention by  the Blinded Veterans Association.  It wouldn't help me because I use a screen reader but might help some others.  I don't know any more about it other than what is said in the information and links but for less than  $25 it might be worth  reviewing.  Hope it helps.

      George
      --------

      Saturday, June 30, 2007

      New Screen Magnifier is Technological Marvel

      By Press Release

      Functionality and class are what makes new screen magnifier from Workers Collection a technological marvel. press release

      Workers Collection today announces the immediate availability of Magnifying Glass Pro (MGPro), a new screen magnifier that combines a large set of carefully
      chosen features and ease of use. With this software in place, you can magnify tiny text and graphics displayed on your computer monitor, TV screen connected
      to your PC, or projected onto a larger media during a presentation. As you move the cursor over a section of the viewing area, the magnifier tracks with
      it and shows the new enlarged portion, making it instantly more readable and accessible. In addition, there is a wide array of visual effects that you
      can apply to that display.

      Why Install Magnifying Glass Pro?

      Many people work for hours each day in front of displays. Not only does it cause tension headaches and neck pain, it also affects your eyesight. If your
      eyes often get red, itchy or sore after prolonged onscreen reading, be sure to use a screen magnifier like MGPro. It eases strain and minimizes stress
      to your eyes. As a type of assistive technology, this magnifier is good for visually-impaired people.

      There are no restrictions on how you can use MGPro, which is due to its unique feature set. You can adjust the glass size and position (fixed position,
      under the cursor, angular, etc.), invert or rotate an image, adjust contrast, apply effects to enhance your viewing experience. All this can be done with
      a few mouse clicks in the pop-up Command Mode, which is a unique method of adjusting parameters on the fly without the need to open dialog boxes or learn
      hot keys like in similar programs. There is also a unique Auto-switcher technology, which lets you associate individual applications, windows, and screen
      elements with specific user-defined profiles (group of magnifier settings). When you switch between applications, the Auto-switcher applies the appropriate
      settings automatically, based on the defined profile association. To show or hide the magnifier, you should simply shake your mouse cursor from side to
      side. It is much easier than using the keyboard shortcut when your hand is already on the mouse.

      LINK: Read the details at

      Pricing and Availability

      Magnifying Glass Pro v.1.4 runs under Microsoft Windows 9x/Me/XP/2000/2003/Vista and costs $24.95 (USD) for a single-user license.

      ###

      NOTE TO EDITORS: Please, let us know if you have questions or would like any additional information on Magnifying Glass Pro 1.4. Contact us at admin@...
      to get more information. A registration key is available upon request to all editors considering a review

      Product page link:

      Press center link:

      Download link:

      (1.4 Mb)

      E-mail: admin@...

      company: Workers Collection

      contact person: Vitali Kram

      e-mail: glass@...

      phone: n/a

    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
        I don't think 56 qualifies me as a youngster but this is very interesting. Thanks for sending the site. I am legally blind in one eye and for some reason the eye doc cannot do a prescription that i can comfortably use. I have 4 year old glasses because the 2 year old ones I wore NEVER. I was cutting back on computer time due to strain. I cannot have the large print because I am making a spreadsheet of my genealogy files so I am working from 3 screens at once. Actually I need a 52 inch screen . Thanks again...lois petter pereira

        Saturday, June 30, 2007

        NOTE TO EDITORS: Please, let us know if you have questions or would like any additional information on Magnifying Glass Pro 1.4. Contact us at admin@workerscollec tion.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
          If you do decide to try it would you please report what you find?  I would like to send your opinion to the BVA.

          Thanks,

          George
          I don't think 56 qualifies me as a youngster but this is very interesting. Thanks for sending the site. I am legally blind in one eye and for some reason the eye doc cannot do a prescription that i can comfortably use. I have 4 year old glasses because the 2 year old ones I wore NEVER. I was cutting back on computer time due to strain. I cannot have the large print because I am making a spreadsheet of my genealogy files so I am working from 3 screens at once. Actually I need a 52 inch screen . Thanks again...lois petter pereira

          George Patrick <GPATRICK@austin. rr.com> wrote:

          I thought that some of the older folks (and maybe a youngster or two) might want to take  a look at this  n Press Release

[...]

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.