OBIT: Shupak, Martha

  • texasjoe43
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 6:50 AM
      July 16, 1932 - June 30, 2007

      After a brief illness, Martha Shupak was called home June 30, 2007,
      by her savior, Jesus Christ.

      Martha was the youngest of six children born to her parents, Frank
      and Bessie (Sobotik) Shupak, on July 16, 1932, in the Frenstat
      community near Caldwell, Texas. She was baptized and confirmed in
      the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Frenstat. She continued her
      Catholic faith until she died.

      She was preceded in death by her parents, Frank and Bessie Shupak;
      brother, Anton Shupak; sister, Mollie Shupak; half-brother, Bill
      Shupak; and half-sisters, Julia Matcek and Annie Krenek.

      Survivors include her brother, Joe Shupak; half-brother, Frank
      Shupak; sisters, Mary Benton and Rose Petrvalsky; half-sister Lydia
      Krenek; sisters-in-law, Esther Shupak and Dora Shupak; a special
      nephew, Alan Krenek; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.

      Nephews will serve as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearers are her
      friends at Bluebonnet Hill Convalescent Center, including her
      special friend, Judy "Julia" Kieke.

      Martha was an especially happy person who enjoyed simple things in
      life. She dearly loved animals, remembered every relative's birthday
      and entertained herself putting puzzles together.

      The family will be receiving friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 2
      at Strickland Funeral Home. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday,
      July 3 at Holy Rosary Catholic Church of Frenstat, with the Rev.
      Dimitrij Colankin as celebrant. Burial will follow in the church
      cemetery.

      Memorials may be directed to Holy Rosary Cemetery Association of
      Frenstat or to the charity of your choice.

      Funeral arrangements are entrusted to Strickland Funeral Home, 530
      Hwy. 36 S., Caldwell, Texas 77836. For more information, visit the
      web-site at www.stricklandfuneralhomes.com.
      Published in The Bryan-College Station Eagle on 7/2/2007.
    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 7:26 AM
        Is this part of our family tree?
[...]

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • texasjoe43
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 5:38 AM
          Not mine. I just found it and posted it.
          joe

          > After a brief illness, Martha Shupak was called home June 30,
          2007,
          > by her savior, Jesus Christ.
          >
          > Martha was the youngest of six children born to her parents,
          Frank
          > and Bessie (Sobotik) Shupak, on July 16, 1932, in the Frenstat
          > community near Caldwell, Texas. She was baptized and confirmed
          in
          > the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Frenstat. She continued her
          > Catholic faith until she died.
          >
          > She was preceded in death by her parents, Frank and Bessie
          Shupak;
          > brother, Anton Shupak; sister, Mollie Shupak; half-brother, Bill
          > Shupak; and half-sisters, Julia Matcek and Annie Krenek.
          >
          > Survivors include her brother, Joe Shupak; half-brother, Frank
          > Shupak; sisters, Mary Benton and Rose Petrvalsky; half-sister
          Lydia
          > Krenek; sisters-in-law, Esther Shupak and Dora Shupak; a special
          > nephew, Alan Krenek; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
          >
          > Nephews will serve as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearers are her
          > friends at Bluebonnet Hill Convalescent Center, including her
          > special friend, Judy "Julia" Kieke.
          >
          > Martha was an especially happy person who enjoyed simple things
          in
          > life. She dearly loved animals, remembered every relative's
          birthday
          > and entertained herself putting puzzles together.
          >
          > The family will be receiving friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday,
          July 2
          > at Strickland Funeral Home. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m.
          Tuesday,
          > July 3 at Holy Rosary Catholic Church of Frenstat, with the Rev.
          > Dimitrij Colankin as celebrant. Burial will follow in the church
          > cemetery.
          >
          > Memorials may be directed to Holy Rosary Cemetery Association of
          > Frenstat or to the charity of your choice.
          >
          > Funeral arrangements are entrusted to Strickland Funeral Home,
          530
          > Hwy. 36 S., Caldwell, Texas 77836. For more information, visit
          the
          > web-site at www.stricklandfuneralhomes.com.
          > Published in The Bryan-College Station Eagle on 7/2/2007.

          7/1/2007 12:19 PM

        • paulasmaggie
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3 6:16 AM
            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "texasjoe43" <texasjoe43@...>
            wrote:
            Once Again, my ERROR. Attention diverted by Rosebud the Cat.
            paulasmaggie
            Valigura*Urban*Supak/Shupak*Mikus*Kortis*Jurica*Chovanec*Orsaks plus
            half of Dime Box

            Date: