obit Martin Hnatek

  • darlenbaker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2007
      Tuesday Aug 10, 1937
      Hallettsville newspaper

      Martin Hnatek

             On Sunday Aug 8,  at 1:30 am on the soul of a kind and loving father, Martin Hnatek, passed on into the Great Beyond.  He had been ill for about 3 months, but human skill was unavailing.
             Born in Czechoslovakia March 28, 1859, he was married to Miss Rosie Sralik in 1883  and immigrated to this country 44 years ago, settling in Lavaca County.  This county has been home to them ever since, and the family has won the respect of all whom they have come in contact.
             Mr. Hnatek was a valued member of the SPJST  Lodge and a consistent member of the Lutheran Church.
             He was buried in the Vsetin Cemetery Monday Aug 9th, at 9 am after funeral services were held at the family residence east of town and at Vsetin Church.  Rev. Jas. Barton of Granger conducted the services and a large number of sorrowing friends and relatives were in attendance.  The floral offerinigs were beautfiul.
             Pall-bearers were: Victor and Ernest Orsak, Leonard and Alred Holly, Herman Sralik and A. Mikush.
             Survivors were his wife and one daughter, Mrs. Frank Orsak and six grandchildren.  Three sisters and a brother passed on before.
             We extend sincere sympathy to the grieving ones.

      See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
    • Gerri Martisek
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2007
        Thanks, Darlene.

        Haven't even had a chance to see how (or this fits in), but it probably
        does. Lots of familiar names. Hnaek, Holly, Mikush, etc.

        Gerri