RE: [TexasCzechs] Czech Migration to Karnes County about 1906f

  • Myrna Garrison
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 4, 2007

      Hi Debra,

      I would be interested in the answer if you find out.  My family came about the same time.

      My dad, Raymond Jalufka's father (Joe Jalufka) came to Karnes County.  We never did know why, but none of his brothers were in the area.  Never knew any of the family on that side.

      Thank you,

      Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
      Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

      From: "Janecek" <janecekwi@...>
      To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Czech Migration to Karnes County about 1906f
      Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:38:57 -0500

      Hi Debra

      I do not know the answer.  But there was probably some real estate promoting to the Karnes County area in about 1906, targeted at the Czechs and Germans  in Lavaca and Fayette Counties.  There were groups of  families looking for new oportunities.  There might be some on this list who might remember family accounts about this migration.

      P. Fred