Re: [TexasCzechs] FLY SWATTER

  • Tony Janak
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
      Thank Julie
       what "law-pot-coo" sound like, don't know if it spelled exactly

      Tony

      Julie Matus <juwemat@...> wrote:
      pleskachka?
      I don't know how it's spelled exactly, but I remember us calling it something like that when at home.
      Maybe?

      Julie Matus

      Julie & Wes Matus

      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
      Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
        Yep, that is the right one - placacka na mouchy.

        Martina

        > Od: Julie Matus <juwemat@...>
        > Předmět: Re: [TexasCzechs] FLY SWATTER
        > Datum: 03.6.2007 19:08:39
        > http://www.slovnik.cz/
        >
        > flyswatter - plácacka na mouchy
        >
        > Hi Tony -
        > I checked the web and on the above site you can type in the English word and it
        > gives you the translation in Czech.
        >
        > Julie & Wes Matus
        >
        > Researching:
        > Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
        > Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

      • Martina Morrisová
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
          Do you mean "lopatka" - little shovel?

          Martina

          > Od: Tony Janak <tonyjanak@...>
          > Předmět: Re: [TexasCzechs] FLY SWATTER
          > Datum: 03.6.2007 19:25:05
          > Thank Julie
          > what "law-pot-coo" sound like, don't know if it spelled exactly
          >
          > Tony
          >

          > Julie Matus <juwemat@...> wrote:
          > pleskachka?
          > I don't know how it's spelled exactly, but I remember us calling it something
          > like that when at home.
          > Maybe?
          >
          > Julie Matus
          >
          > Julie & Wes Matus
          >
          > Researching:
          > Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
          > Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

        • Julie Matus

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
                Yes now i remenber is a shover
                and pleskachka is a fly swatter
                thank to all texas czech group  that help me out on this
                i understand czech and make it out, but can't talk it,
                i was born in Yoakum Tex.  and went St Joe School and the
                Nun did't know czech to help, i was in frist grade for
                two year

                Martina Morrisová <morrisova@...> wrote:
                Do you mean "lopatka" - little shovel?

                Martina

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Nangotoo

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4, 2007
                    It is pronounced plah tsa chka. Best way I know how to put it in English.

                    I asked my mother (who is 87) what they used for the word "flyswatter" when she was growing up. She did not have a czech word for flyswatter. They spoke nothing but Czech at home & still does speak it.

                    Allen Livanec

                    See what's free at AOL.com.