The Thirty Years War in the Lanskroun area

  • MommaSpag@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      Here is information about the Thirty Years War in the Lanskroun area that I had asked my researcher about.  Thought some of you might also find it interesting.
      Thank you,
      Frances

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • granny pat
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
        Another publication about the events in the Czech lands, including the Thirty Years War, the Edict of Toleration, etc. is the book, How It All Began, A History of the Unity of the Brethren, by the late Reverend Daniel J. Marek. The original articles were published over the years in The Brethren Journal, the official publication of the Unity of the Brethren. These articles have now been compiled and published in the book form.

        Section One contains articles pertaining to the beginning of the Unity of the Brethren in Texas.
        Section Two contains articles on our European Roots--church and political leaders such as John Hus, Jan Amos Comenius, the great one-eyed general, John Zizka, etc.

        The articles are short--from three to seven pages--and are arranged in a somewhat chronological order. The articles are complete stories in themselves. This publication is available for $15 plus $2 shipping and handling, from the Brethren Book Store (Diane Heckman, Manager), 401 South Main, Caldwell, TX 77836, phone (979) 567-7203 or brethrenbookstore@....

        Pat Hejl