FLY SWATTER

  • Tony Janak
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
      Cezch Group

      How do you say "fly swatter" in cezch ?"
      and how to spell it

      Tony

    • Tony Janak
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
        Thank Julie
         what "law-pot-coo" sound like, don't know if it spelled exactly

        Tony

        Julie Matus <juwemat@...> wrote:
        pleskachka?
        I don't know how it's spelled exactly, but I remember us calling it something like that when at home.
        Maybe?

        Julie Matus

        Julie & Wes Matus

        Researching:
        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
        Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

        How do you say "fly swatter" in cezch ?"
        and how to spell it

        Tony

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • Martina Morrisová
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
          Yep, that is the right one - placacka na mouchy.

          Martina

          > Od: Julie Matus <juwemat@...>
          > Předmět: Re: [TexasCzechs] FLY SWATTER
          > Datum: 03.6.2007 19:08:39
          > http://www.slovnik.cz/
          >
          > flyswatter - plácacka na mouchy
          >
          > Hi Tony -
          > I checked the web and on the above site you can type in the English word and it
          > gives you the translation in Czech.
          >
          > Julie & Wes Matus
          >
          > Researching:
          > Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
          > Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

        • Martina Morrisová
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
            Do you mean "lopatka" - little shovel?

            Martina

            > Od: Tony Janak <tonyjanak@...>
            > Předmět: Re: [TexasCzechs] FLY SWATTER
            > Datum: 03.6.2007 19:25:05
            > Thank Julie
            > what "law-pot-coo" sound like, don't know if it spelled exactly
            >
            > Tony
            >

            > Julie Matus <juwemat@...> wrote:
            > pleskachka?
            > I don't know how it's spelled exactly, but I remember us calling it something
            > like that when at home.
            > Maybe?
            >
            > Julie Matus
            >
            > Julie & Wes Matus
            >
            > Researching:
            > Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
            > Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

          • Julie Matus

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
                  Yes now i remenber is a shover
                  and pleskachka is a fly swatter
                  thank to all texas czech group  that help me out on this
                  i understand czech and make it out, but can't talk it,
                  i was born in Yoakum Tex.  and went St Joe School and the
                  Nun did't know czech to help, i was in frist grade for
                  two year

                  Martina Morrisová <morrisova@...> wrote:
                  Do you mean "lopatka" - little shovel?

                  Martina

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Nangotoo

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 4, 2007
                      It is pronounced plah tsa chka. Best way I know how to put it in English.

                      I asked my mother (who is 87) what they used for the word "flyswatter" when she was growing up. She did not have a czech word for flyswatter. They spoke nothing but Czech at home & still does speak it.

                      Allen Livanec

                      See what's free at AOL.com.