Re: Divacky, Novak and Mokry from Damborice, Moravia

  • paulasmaggie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "charleskretzschmar"
      <charleskretzschmar@...> wrote:

      > Fabian Novak (20) and a Mokry (36) came from Damborice
      > to Granger, Texas, March 1903, on the ship Frankfurt.
      > They came to see Mokry's cousin.
      > Jacob Novak and his family and 3 Mokry's came from
      > Damborice to Granger, Texas,31 July 1903, on the ship Frankfurt.
      > They came to see Fabian Novak, Jacob's son.
      > On 2 Jul 1904, Frantisek Divacky, 24 years old, comes
      > from Damborice, to Granger, Texas, on the ship Frankfurt,
      > to see Jacob Novak. Is anyone related to this clan???
      > How are the Novak's related to the Mokry's and to the
      > Divacky's??? They all meet in Granger, Texas. In the
      > 1910 census, the Novak's are living in Oklahoma. Other
      > Divacky's moved to Oklahoma too and Maria T. Novak, marries
      > Adolph Divacky. Anyone related??? Thanks for helping me.
      >
      > Angelina Genzer Kretzschmar
      Please note there are other Mokry*Novak*Divacky Families listed but
      their desintation is unknown.
      Reference:
      Leo Baca Volume II Czech Immigration Passenger List:
      July 3l, 1903 Galveston to Granger/Immmigrated from Daudosice
      Moravia/Ship Frankurt
      2 sets of Mokry Families:
      Ludvik 35, Terezie 32, Frantisek 9/12
      Matous 39, Amalie 28, Karolina 6, Franz 3, Josef 3
      July 31, 1903 Same Immigration Information is:
      Novak Family:
      Jacob 57, Maria 52, Anna 16, Hedvika 11

      July 2 1903 Same Immigration Information 3 sets of Mokry Families:
      Matous 33, Marie 25, Anezka 6, Matous 4, Marie 2, Vaclav 1/2 Julie 14
      Mikulas 36, Marie 34, Vaclav 11, Helen 10, Marie 2
      Also These Mokry Family Members are List:
      Mokra Karolina 19 Damborice Moravia Ship Breslau 29 Nov. 1904
      Granger, Texas
      Mokry, Mikulas 36 Moravia, Ship Frankfurt 24 March 1903 Bryan

      Also on the Frankfurt is Frantisek (?)Divacky 24, Damborice Moravia
      2 July 1904 Granger

      Interesting Notation:
      List on the Same Ship Fabyan 20 Novak Moravia Frankfurt 24 March
      1903 Bryan Texas as Mikulas Mokry
      Spelled Novacek
      Josef Novacek 23, Trebic Moravia Ship Wittekind May 1, 1905 Oklahoma
      Vaclav Novacek 28 Ptacov Bohemia Ship Frankfurt May 28, 1903
      Nankomis Oklahoma

      Leo Baca Czech Immigration Passenger Lists Volume III
      Mokry Families Damborice Moravia went to Holland Texas:
      Mokry Vaclav 43, Agnes 39, Maria 17,, Franz 15, Karl 11, Vaclav 10,
      Jirik 8, Ludvik 6, Josef 4, Vojtech 2, Anezka 2 months Ship Chemnitz
      August 24, 1907
      Mokry Vaclav 40 Ship Frankfurt 31, March 1908

      Novak Families:
      Novacek Josef 29, Kostedradky Moravia Ship Professor Woermann, April
      10, 1907 Granger
      Adalbert 21, Straznice Moravia Ship Brandenburg 10 December 1911
      East Bernard

      Bryan Texas:
      Novak Anton 28, Borkovany, Moravia Ship Cassel 13 March 1909 Bryan
      Novak Marie 27, Antonin 4, Genofeta 3, Borkovany Moravia Ship Koln
      Notation: As you probably already figured out husband came first
      and then the wife

      The Divacky I could find:
      Jan 39 Bukovany Moravia Ship Chemnitz 30 December 1907 Krebs Indian
      Terriotry

      Hope this helps. paulasmaggie
    • charles kretzschmar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
        thank you for the information on these 3 families
        all from damborice, moravia.  i keep trying to link
        them together but maybe they are all neighbors
        from damborice traveling together.  the closest i
        can linked anyone is maria t novak marrying
        adolpf f. divacky and coming over in 1903.  i
        have located a couple of novak descendants but
        they do not know any details that far back.
        thank you for helping me.  angelina genzer kretzschmar

      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2007
          I have a Jacob Novak married to a Mary? (no dates) who were parents of Anton F. Novak b. 7 May 1902 Fayette County who married Annie Katherine Chovanec.  I show Anton having a brother John Willie b. 10 May 1904 who married Julia Frances Chovanec.  This all took place in Fayette County.  I have information on Jacob's descendents.  If any of this is useful I will be happy to provide it to you.

          Pat Lyon
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2007

            Pat do you have any addition information on the Julia and John marriage.  Also could you send me what you can on Jacob.  This

            might help me.

            steve

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
              dear  pat---
              the jacob and mary novak i am working on,
              married in 1884 in damorice, moravia and
              have 4 children:  fabian, annie, hedwig and
              joseph.  in the 1910 census, mary stated she
              was married twice, married 26 years in this
              marriage and gave birth to 12 children, 4 living.
              i never found her maiden name.  i found the
              fayette county marriage records in the san
              antonio library, if you are close to this area.
              my novaks went to granger texas.  angelina

            • Lois Petter Pereira
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
                Those Novaks are in my tree . this is what I have

                Descendants of Jacub Novak

                Generation No. 1
                1.  JACUB1 NOVAK was born May 1851 in ,,,Mor.  He married MARY ?.  She was born Dec 1865 in ,,,Mor.
                More About JACUB NOVAK:
                Census: 1900, Fayette Co Novak, Jakub, 46, M, bMay 1851, farmer, imm 1891, b Austria, Marie, 34, F, Dec 1865, b Aus;Julia, 12
                Immigration: 1891, Texas
                More About MARY ?:
                Immigration: 1891, Texas

                Children of JACUB NOVAK and MARY ? are:
                 i. JULIE2 NOVAK, b. Dec 1887, ,,,Moravia.
                 ii. ANTONIA NOVAK, b. Jan 1890, ,,,Moravia.
                 iii. FRANK NOVAK, b. Sep 1892, ,,Tx, US.
                 iv. MARY NOVAK, b. Nov 1894, ,,Tx, US.
                 v. ANNA NOVAK, b. Jun 1897, ,,Tx, US.
                 vi. FRANCES NOVAK, b. Dec 1899, ,,Tx, US.
                2. vii. ANTON F. NOVAK, b. 07 May 1902, ,,Tx, US; d. 01 Jul 1964.
                 viii. JOHN NOVAK, b. Abt. 1904, ,,Tx, US.
                 ix. JOE NOVAK, b. Abt. 1907, ,,Tx, US.

                Generation No. 2
                2.  ANTON F.2 NOVAK (JACUB1) was born 07 May 1902 in ,,Tx, US, and died 01 Jul 1964.  He married ANNIE KATHERINE CHOVANEC 29 Oct 1923 in Fayetteville, Fayette, Tx, US, daughter of PETER CHOVANEC and ANNA PETTER.  She was born 24 Nov 1903 in Fayetteville, Fayette, Tx, US, and died 02 Oct 1996 in La Grange, Fayette, Tx, US.
                More About ANTON NOVAK and ANNIE CHOVANEC:
                Marriage: 29 Oct 1923, Fayetteville, Fayette, Tx, US

                Children of ANTON NOVAK and ANNIE CHOVANEC are:
                3. i. LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK, b. 13 May 1928, Park,Fayette,Tx,US; d. 16 Jan 2005, Austin,,Tx,US.
                 ii. ALBINA NOVAK, b. 13 Sep 1933, ,Fayette,Tx,US.

                Generation No. 3
                3.  LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK (ANTON F.2, JACUB1) was born 13 May 1928 in Park,Fayette,Tx,US, and died 16 Jan 2005 in Austin,,Tx,US.  She married RUDOLPH IGNAC KADERKA 02 May 1949, son of FRANK KADERKA and VERONCA ?.  He was born 31 Jul 1924 in ,Fayette,Tx,US, and died 04 Apr 2006.
                Notes for LUDMILA ANNIE NOVAK:
                Lillie A. Kaderka, 76, of Fayetteville, passed away Sunday, Jan. 16,
                in Austin.
                She was born May 13, 1928 to Anton F. and Annie K. (Chovanec) Novak
                in the Park Community near Fayetteville. She married Ruby Kaderka May
                2, 1949 and was a school teacher in Catholic Elementary Schools in
                Houston. In 1992, she and her husband returned to Fayette County. She
                was a member of St. John's Catholic Church, CDA, the altar society
                and the KJZT. She was also a member of the Fayetteville Volunteer
                Fire Department Auxiliary.
                She was preceded in death by her daughter, Patsy Fisher;
                granddaughter, Katie Simpson; brother, Jerome Novak; and her parents.
                She is survived by her husband; daughters and sons-in-law, Betty Ann
                Rich Will of Land O'Lakes, Fla., Susie Simpson of Spring, Judy and
                Doug Warne of Spring and Sharon and Don Maurer of Humble; sister,
                Binky Malota, of Shelby; son-in-law, Lauren Fisher, of Spring;
                grandchildren, Melissa and Amy Will, Cory, Kevin and Kristin Fisher,
                Sean Simpson, Karin and Kevin Warne, Joe and Tiffany Baughman, Nik,
                Matt and Will Maurer; and great-grandchildren, Ray Jr., Rudy, Reuel
                and Ruben Negron.
                Funeral services were conducted Jan. 20, at St. John's Catholic
                Church in Fayetteville with Msgr. Ben Mazurkiewiez officiating.
                Interment followed at Fayetteville Catholic Cemetery.
                Pallbearers were Don Meurer, Doug Warne, Rick Will, Sean Simpson,
                Cory Fisher and Lance McNease. Honorary pallbearers were Kevin
                Fisher, Nik Meurer, Kevin Warne, Will Meurer and Matt Meurer.
                Memorial contributions may be made to Seton League House, 1206 W.
                38th St. Ste. 4200 Austin, Texas 78705, the American Heart
                Association or the Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer
                research.
                Social Security Death Index
                Name: Lillie Kaderka
                Date of Birth: Sunday  May  13, 1928
                Date of Death: Sunday  January  16, 2005
                Est. Age at death: 76 years, 8 months, 3 days
                Last known residence:
                 City:  Fayetteville; Shelby
                 County:  Fayette
                 State:  Texas
                 ZIP Code:  78940

                Social Security details:
                 State of Issue:  Texas
                 Number:  450-38-6928

                Lillie Kaderka
                LILLIE KADERKA, age 76 years, of Fayetteville, formerly of Houston, passed away Sunday, January 16, 2005.
                 Born in Fayetteville on May, 13, 1928, she is survived by her devoted husband of 55 years: Rudy Kaderka, Daughters: Betty Ann Will & husband Rick, Susie Simpson, Judy Warne & husband Doug, and Sharon Maurer & husband Don. A Sister, Binky Malota; Son-in-law Lauren Fisher. Grandchildren: Melissa and Amy Will, Cory, Kevin and Kristin Fisher, Sean Simpson, Karin and Kevin Warne, Joe Baughman (& wife Jessica), Tiffany Baughman, Nik, Will (& wife Heidi) and Matt Meurer and 4 great-grandchildren also survive. Predeceased by her daughter Patsy Fisher, brother Jerome Novak and granddaughter Katie Simpson. Lillie dedicated 27 years of her life to teaching in Catholic Elementary Schools in the Houston Area.
                Visitation will be held at the Knesek Chapel in Fayetteville after 5 P.M. Tuesday. Rosary will be recited at Knesek Chapel Tuesday at 8 P.M., 7 P.M. Wednesday and at 9:30 Thursday from the church, preceding Mass. Funeral Mass will be celebrated at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Fayetteville, Thursday at 10 A.M. with Msgr. Ben Mazurkiewicz, celebrant. Interment in the church cemetery.
                Memorial contributions to Seton League House, American Heart Assn. Or to Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. Koenig & Strickland Funeral Home 208 W. Pearl LaGrange, TX 78945 1-979-968-3121
                Published in the Houston Chronicle on 1/18/2005.

                Notes for RUDOLPH IGNAC KADERKA:
                Ruddie Kaderka
                RUDDIE KADERKA left this Earth on April 4, 2006 at the age of 81 years.

                He is preceded in death by his parents, Frank & Veronica Kaderka, his daughter Patsy Fisher, his granddaughter Katie Simpson, and the love of his life and wife of 55 years, Lillie. He is survived by daughters Betty Will (and husband Rick) of Land-O-Lakes, Florida, Susie Simpson of Spring, Judy Warne (and husband Doug) of Spring. and Sharon Meurer (and husband Don) of Humble. He is also survived by his grandchildren Joseph Baughman, Cory Fisher, Melissa Will, Amy Will, Kevin Fisher, Tiffany Baughman, Sean Simpson, Kristin Fisher, Karin Warne Negron, Kevin Warne, Nik Meurer, Will Meurer, Matt Meurer, and by 4 Great-Grandchildren.

                A Rosary will be recited at 8:00 P.M. Wednesday at Fayette Memorial Funeral Chapel in La Grange and at 7:00 P.M. Thursday at St. John Catholic Church in Fayetteville, Texas. Funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 A.M. Friday at St. John's Catholic Church, Fayetteville, Texas.
                Social Security Death Index
                Name: Rudolph I. Kaderka
                Date of Birth: Thursday  July  31, 1924
                Date of Death: Tuesday  April  04, 2006
                Est. Age at death: 81 years, 8 months, 4 days
                Last known residence:
                 City:  Fayetteville; Shelby
                 County:  Fayette
                 State:  Texas
                 ZIP Code:  78940

                Social Security details:
                 State of Issue:  Texas
                 Number:  459-20-1658

                More About RUDOLPH KADERKA and LUDMILA NOVAK:
                Marriage: 02 May 1949

                Children of LUDMILA NOVAK and RUDOLPH KADERKA are:
                4. i. BETTY ANN4 KADERKA, b. 14 Dec 1951, ,Harris,Tx,US.
                5. ii. PATRICIA MARIE KADERKA, b. 09 Feb 1953, ,Harris,Tx,US.
                6. iii. MARILYN SUE KADERKA, b. 02 Oct 1956, ,Harris,Tx,US.
                7. iv. JUDY LYNN KADERKA, b. 24 Oct 1958, ,Harris,Tx,US.
                8. v. SHARON KAY KADERKA, b. 16 Feb 1960, ,Harris,Tx,US.

                Generation No. 4
                4.  BETTY ANN4 KADERKA (LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK, ANTON F.2, JACUB1) was born 14 Dec 1951 in ,Harris,Tx,US.  She married RICH WILL.

                Children of BETTY KADERKA and RICH WILL are:
                 i. MELISSA5 WILL.
                 ii. AMY WILL.

                5.  PATRICIA MARIE4 KADERKA (LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK, ANTON F.2, JACUB1) was born 09 Feb 1953 in ,Harris,Tx,US.  She married LAUREN THOMAS FISHER.  He was born Bef. 1953.

                Children of PATRICIA KADERKA and LAUREN FISHER are:
                 i. CORY ALAN5 FISHER, b. 08 Jun 1979, ,Harris,Tx,US.
                 ii. KEVIN LEE FISHER, b. 18 May 1982, ,Harris,Tx,US.
                 iii. KRISTIN NICOLE FISHER, b. 25 Jul 1985, ,Harris,Tx,US.

                6.  MARILYN SUE4 KADERKA (LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK, ANTON F.2, JACUB1) was born 02 Oct 1956 in ,Harris,Tx,US.  She married ? SIMPSON.

                Children of MARILYN KADERKA and ? SIMPSON are:
                 i. KATIE5 SIMPSON.
                 ii. SEAN SIMPSON.

                7.  JUDY LYNN4 KADERKA (LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK, ANTON F.2, JACUB1) was born 24 Oct 1958 in ,Harris,Tx,US.  She married DOUG WARNE.

                Children of JUDY KADERKA and DOUG WARNE are:
                 i. KARIN5 WARNE.
                 ii. KEVIN WARNE.

                8.  SHARON KAY4 KADERKA (LUDMILA ANNIE3 NOVAK, ANTON F.2, JACUB1) was born 16 Feb 1960 in ,Harris,Tx,US.  She married DON MAURER.

                Children of SHARON KADERKA and DON MAURER are:
                 i. NIK5 MAURER.
                 ii. MATT MAURER.
                 iii. WILL MAURER.