FW: Marek, Cinek

  • Doris Beseda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007

      Please bear with me while I try to tell this story...I am hoping it might touch someone's memory.

      My Great-Grandfather was Frantisek (Frank) Marek.
      Born: 14 Feb 1855 Czechoslovakia
      Died: 23 Jan 1918 West, McLennan, Texas

      Frank Marek had two wives. The first one was killed by a neighbor when she heard a calf crying and went to give it water. The neighbor thought she was trying to steal it and shot her. Her name (I think) is Theresa (Terezie) Maresh. All I know about her is that she is buried in the Catholic Cemetery in West, TX. Her grave is not marked because of the way she died (I know...makes no sense). She had several children with Frank Marek. They are:

      Theresa Marek Hynek (1891-1985)
      Annie Marek Pavlicek (1887-1975)
      Joe R. Marek (1888-1967)

      Philomena (Filomena) Cinek, Sinek, Cenek, Cink, Cynek was his second wife and my Great Grandmother. She came over from Czech possibly with her brother (Frank?). She got off the train at West, TX and went to the Catholic Church and asked a priest who in the area might need help. He told her Frank Marek needed help with the small children. They fell in love and were married. They had several children:

      John (Adolph) Marek (1894-1972)
      Frances (Fannie) Marek Ruzicka (1898-1972) My Grandmother
      Philomena Marek (1898?- 1988)

      I cannot find anything anywhere about where in Czech Frank Marek or Philomena Cinek came from. Can anyone help me?

      Thank you!
      Doris Beseda

      Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

      Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
    • paulasmaggie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Doris Beseda <dbeseda@...> wrote:

        > Please bear with me while I try to tell this story...I am hoping
        it might touch someone's memory. My Great-Grandfather was Frantisek
        (Frank) Marek.Born: 14 Feb 1855 CzechoslovakiaDied: 23 Jan 1918
        West, McLennan, Texas Frank Marek had two wives. The first one was
        killed by a neighbor when she heard a calf crying and went to give
        it water. The neighbor thought she was trying to steal it and shot
        her. Her name (I think) is Theresa (Terezie) Maresh. All I know
        about her is that she is buried in the Catholic Cemetery in West,
        TX. Her grave is not marked because of the way she died (I
        know...makes no sense). She had several children with Frank Marek.
        They are: Theresa Marek Hynek (1891-1985)Annie Marek Pavlicek (1887-
        1975)Joe R. Marek (1888-1967) Philomena (Filomena) Cinek, Sinek,
        Cenek, Cink, Cynek was his second wife and my Great Grandmother. She
        came over from Czech possibly with her brother (Frank?). She got off
        the train at West, TX and went to the Catholic Church and asked a
        priest who in the area might need help. He told her Frank Marek
        needed help with the small children. They fell in love and were
        married. They had several children: John (Adolph) Marek (1894-1972)
        Frances (Fannie) Marek Ruzicka (1898-1972) My GrandmotherPhilomena
        Marek (1898?- 1988) I cannot find anything anywhere about where in
        Czech Frank Marek or Philomena Cinek came from. Can anyone help me?
        Thank you!Doris Beseda

        Go on line to Family Search Org. Type in the last name and pick the
        country. When I typed in Marek and put in Austria I found several
        Mareks and also in the Czech Republic. On the name Cinek I only
        found the name in the Czech Republic. paulasmaggie

        > Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check
        out the New MSN Mobile
        > Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the
        i'm Initiative now. It's free.
        > http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07

      • Nangotoo