Re: Military Records

  • texasjoe43
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
      There is a book he might be interested in:
      Texas Veterans of Czech Ancestry by the Czech Heritage Society of
      Texas.
      Copies are available from Amazon.com or from the Czech Heritage
      Society of Texas: http://www.czechheritage.org/

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "paulasmaggie" <pfosterbmt@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Bolinger <caboling@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I've been communicating with a Kovar descendent, and trying to
      > encourage him
      > > to join our list. He wants to know if there is a list of Czechs
      in
      > the
      > > military. Anybody know of a link to give him? Thanks.
      > >
      > > Cindy B.
      >
      > Cindy If you can get a few names with births plus counties if
      > possible, I would be glad to do a look-up for you. paulasmaggie

    • Myrna Garrison
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2007

        Hi Debra,

        I would be interested in the answer if you find out.  My family came about the same time.

        My dad, Raymond Jalufka's father (Joe Jalufka) came to Karnes County.  We never did know why, but none of his brothers were in the area.  Never knew any of the family on that side.

        Thank you,

        Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
        Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

        From: "Janecek" <janecekwi@...>
        To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Czech Migration to Karnes County about 1906f
        Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:38:57 -0500

        Hi Debra

        I do not know the answer.  But there was probably some real estate promoting to the Karnes County area in about 1906, targeted at the Czechs and Germans  in Lavaca and Fayette Counties.  There were groups of  families looking for new oportunities.  There might be some on this list who might remember family accounts about this migration.

        P. Fred