Re:[TexasCzechs] Czech Sausage named Burty

  • Martina Morrisová
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      Yes, burty - plural, burt - singular (with hacek over r) are very popular especially for roasting them above a fire while camping. Before you roast them, you cut a cross at each end and it opens in the heat while roasting - does it make sense? They are much shorter (only about 4 inches long) and a bit thicker in comparison with normal sausages. Unfortunately I do not know the recipe, I just buy them in stores.

      Martina