Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech names

  • Dolores Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2007
      I'm guessing Paska  is Czech.   The Mooravina I have know have endinging like   Tomayyko and Tomacho  but it  is justt a guess.

      hovorak44 <leroy433@...> wrote:
      --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@.. .> wrote:

      > Is Paske a Czech or Slavic origin name?
      >
      > Pat Lyon
      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > 12:32 PM

      I had a Uncle whose family name was PASKE and he always said it was
      Polish.

      Alton

      Got a little couch potato?

    • Clifford Courteau
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2007
        What can you tell me about the name Sykora

        Pat Lyon <patsroar@...> wrote:
        Is Paske a Czech or Slavic origin name?

        Pat Lyon
        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        12:32 PM

        in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

      • Martina Morrisová
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2007
          It is quite common name, it actually has carka over y. It means tit - the bird.

          Martina Morrisova, nee Sykorova (from Sykora family from Prague)