Re: Czech names

  • hovorak44
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2007
      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...> wrote:

      > Is Paske a Czech or Slavic origin name?
      >
      > Pat Lyon
      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > 12:32 PM

      I had a Uncle whose family name was PASKE and he always said it was
      Polish.

      Alton
    • Dolores Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2007
        I'm guessing Paska  is Czech.   The Mooravina I have know have endinging like   Tomayyko and Tomacho  but it  is justt a guess.

        hovorak44 <leroy433@...> wrote:
        --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@.. .> wrote:

        > Is Paske a Czech or Slavic origin name?
        >
        > Pat Lyon
        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        > 12:32 PM

        I had a Uncle whose family name was PASKE and he always said it was
        Polish.

        Alton

        Got a little couch potato?

      • Clifford Courteau
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2007
          What can you tell me about the name Sykora

          Pat Lyon <patsroar@...> wrote:
          Is Paske a Czech or Slavic origin name?

          Pat Lyon
          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          12:32 PM

          in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        • Martina Morrisová
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2007
            It is quite common name, it actually has carka over y. It means tit - the bird.

            Martina Morrisova, nee Sykorova (from Sykora family from Prague)