Internet access in Slovakia?

  • cortbrain2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
      Could anyone tell me what the access to the internet is like in Slovakia? I have cousins who
      live there and I would love to have an easier form of communication with them.

      Thank you!
      Laura (granddaughter of Stepanovics from St. Louis/Chicago, but family from Bratislava and
      Nove Mesto) Miller
    • dlmachu1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
        I do not know anything about internet eccess is in Slovakia but I think that it should be as good as it in Frenštat in Moravia. I have several relatives with whom I correspond with regularly in Frenštat and there is no problem . They also have a computer store that they can go to to send and receive E-Mails if they do not have a computer of their own.

                                                Darwin

        See what's free at AOL.com.
      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
          Laura,

          I'm with Darwin regarding email access in Bratislava, Slovakia, but almost sure they have
          internet service and email.  I spent two night in Bratislava while on tour in 2000 - recall from
          the Gov't building, located on a hill you could see the CZ Republic (state of Moravia I believe), Austria,
          and of course Slovakia.  Imagine internet is very active as countries close together and internet
          is in the CR and Austria.

          Does kin have computer and internet service?  May use internet cafes for service, as a cousin of mine does
          in Prague. (Single fellow and now English teacher, but due to cost of phone service being billed 'per minute',
          not sure if he even has a phone. Gong to a internet cafe weeks is much cheaper than staying online using internet, and cafe cost is reasonable.  Phone service is more of a luxury for individuals in the CR.

          Attaching photo I made from hotel window in Bratislava June 08, 2000.  Bratislava s a modern city - made photo
          of new Catholic Church being constructed, but many of city buildings shown, along with many many communist
          apartment building built after WWII and Communist Occupation.

          Sir John

          dlmachu1@... wrote:
          I do not know anything about internet eccess is in Slovakia but I think that it should be as good as it in Frenštat in Moravia. I have several relatives with whom I correspond with regularly in Frenštat and there is no problem . They also have a computer store that they can go to to send and receive E-Mails if they do not have a computer of their own.

                                                  Darwin

          See what's free at AOL.com.

        • GILBERT BOHUSLAV
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
            Have any of you tried making contact with someone in CR via SKYPE?

            We have an exchange student here in Lake Jackson and she communicates with her friends in the CR on a regular basis with SKYPE---free.  Only problem is that both users have to be on the internet and each unit needs a mike/speakers.  She also has a internet camera and works very well.

            Gilbert

            dlmachu1@aol. com wrote:
            I do not know anything about internet eccess is in Slovakia but I think that it should be as good as it in Frenštat in Moravia. I have several relatives with whom I correspond with regularly in Frenštat and there is no problem . They also have a computer store that they can go to to send and receive E-Mails if they do not have a computer of their own.

                                                    Darwin

            See what's free at AOL.com.

          • Martina Morrisová
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
              Just like in the Czech Republic, internet access should be really easy. Many people have internet at home, if not, they can go to internet cafe and get it there. As someone mentioned before, Skype is perfect thing if you have internet at home. I bought a cheap microphone and camera and can talk to my family in the Czech Republic for free and even see them. It is great!

              Martina