Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: obits attn Leslie matzke-greer

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 60 , Apr 2, 2007
      When you post them it helps if you put obit - persons name
      that way steve can down load them and put them in a folder without having to read throught the entire email. He then enters them when time is available. Also, we will show
      abstract of obituary with the papers name, date it appeared if you want to shorten the obit to show all the pertinent details. Some obits can be quite long and if you are not copying and pasting it can be a long time typing. We will also do the obits if there is a Czech surname in the list of survivors and/or predeceased names.
      If you would add obits it would be wonderful. This is a project started many years ago and includes most of our members. You are so right to say we get clues from them.
      Thanks in advance for wanting to help and contribute...lois petter pereira

      mlmatzkegreer <mlmatzkegreer@...> wrote:
      I live in Austin area and take Austin Statesman newspaper. It covers
      surrounding areas such as Georgetown, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock,
      Pflugerville, maybe Taylor...not sure. I will be happy to do a daily
      search for our Czech families if no one is covering this area. I'm
      fairly new to all of this so just let me know if there are other clues
      to look for besides the obvious and procedure for posting. I would
      love to contribute. I have found many clues in the obits and
      appreciate all of your postings.

      Thanks to all of you!

      Leslie Matzke-Greer
      (I love John Lennon)
      Researching: Matzke, Guenther, Stokr, Hoffman, etc.

      --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, c sneed <cfsneed@... > wrote:

      > Our group with cover all genealogical searches. Our purpose is to
      meet and help each other, find new resources to research, have a
      variety of speakers, and to help those new to genealogy. Our first
      meeting is set for June. I will be putting an ad in the paper, so we
      shall see who all joins us. It should be interesting for sure.

      > Connie Sneed
      >
      > Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@.. .> wrote:
      > Doesn't the CHS chapter out of Fayette County do
      genealogy already? or do you mean
      > genealogy other than for Texas Czechs? One day when I move back
      home to Fayetteville I may join your group ...lois petter pereira

      > c sneed <cfsneed@... > wrote:
      > I live in Fayette County (La Grange). Their is also another
      newspaper called the Banner Press and in covers all the area around
      Fayette County. Such as La Grange, Fayetteville, Ellinger, New Ulm,
      Sealy, Bellville, Columbus, Schulenburg and many small dots of the
      map. There is a group of us who is starting a Genealogy Group in
      June. There has not been one in Fayette County since the 1960's. We
      hope to not only inform ourselves but to help others in their searches
      as well.

      > Sincerely, Connie Sneed
      >
      > Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@.. .> wrote:
      > I subscribe to the Fayette County Record and I have a
      million to post
      > from that paper. I have taken it for 2 years now so if it appears
      in that
      > paper it will be posted this summer.
      > Ray Bacak posts from the Houston Chronicle and also Victoria papers.
      > Steve Alvarez posts from Sealy newspaper
      > Rick Garza posts from the New Ulm paper
      > I do not who else posts and from what paper but I hope this
      answers your
      > question.... lois petter pereira
      >
      > darwinfojtik <darwinfojtik@ ...> wrote:
      > I don't know who posts the obits around the State of Texas,but
      I see
      > them from all over. I was just wondering if anyone watches the obits
      > around Roundrock,Taylor, Granger,and Temple.
      > I had an uncle pass away March 1st from Granger and When I got back
      > from the funeral to Corpus Christi, I never saw a posting. His name
      > was George J. Vrana and was very active in the Granger community.
      >

      > Lois Petter Pereira
      > Researching Petter, Vitek, Bartos, Papez, Polasek, Kostelnik,
      Rada, Hlavica, Orsak, Urban, Susil, Manak, Rosenzwieg, Brdusikova,
      Halla, Psencikove, Slovakove, Susila, Susily

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Get your own web address.
      >

      > Lois Petter Pereira
      > Researching Petter, Vitek, Bartos, Papez, Polasek, Kostelnik,
      Rada, Hlavica, Orsak, Urban, Susil, Manak, Rosenzwieg, Brdusikova,
      Halla, Psencikove, Slovakove, Susila, Susily

      > Looking for earth-friendly autos?

      Lois Petter Pereira
    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 12, 2013

        Hi Ya’ll,

        My husband and I and one of his cousins are hosting the Josef and Mariana Sykora Baca Reunion on Sunday.  As usual, in spite of planning, I am working on projects that need to be completed by Saturday night.

        So, I will get back to obits next week.

        Rosemary