RE: [TexasCzechs] Location of documents

  • Adam Lesh
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
      Richard,
      Not sure if this is what you are after or not?

      http://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/tolapp/ovra/

      Danny

      >From: "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
      >To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Location of documents
      >Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 11:28:00 -0500
      >
      >Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is
      >in
      >possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?
      >
      >Many thanks,
      >Richard

    • Joyce Janicek
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
        What exactly do you need, Richard.  I'm going tothe geneological library in Houston tomorrow and I can get a copy if they have one.  They have some death records now....but answer me quickly, because I will have limited access to my email.  I'll be glad to help.
        Joyce Janicek

        On 4/1/07, Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:

        Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

        Many thanks,
        Richard

      • Richard Martin
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
          Thank you for all the great responses to my out-of-Stater inquiry about death certificates in Texas!

          Is anyone out there in Dallas?  They do indeed have death certificates at the Dallas Public Library (Gen. section), but strictly do NOT send copies to anyone.  You have to do it in person.  It's a bit of a drive for me from Louisiana to Dallas, so I was wondering if there was a fellow-researcher in Dallas that might be able to assist me with this.  (I'd be happy to reimburse for the copying fee from microfilm, if you'd like to scan/email it!)

          I will also check to see if there is a Gen Society of Dallas that might be able to help.

          Thank you all!
          Richard
        • Peggy McPeak
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
            Try Dept of Vital Statistics, Texas State Health Dept., Austin, Tx.
            --Peggy.

            Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:
            Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

            Many thanks,
            Richard

            Never miss an email again!
            Yahoo! Toolbar

          • Cindy Neal
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
              This isn't related particularly to death records, but anyone searching
              Williamson County should check out the website at
              http://three-legged-willie.org/ Tons of information! Enjoy..

              Cindy Neal