Re: Location of documents

  • newcity46
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
      Richard,
      Below is the website you can used to obtain death certificates.

      www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs

      Have a nice day,

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
      wrote:

      > Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental
      agency is in
      > possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year
      1940-41?

      > Many thanks,
      > Richard

    • RICHARD MCCLENDON
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
        Richard,
        Birth and death certificates can be obtained from below website.

        http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
          Information on Texas birth, marriage and death certificates can be
          obtained on the following website.

          http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Ron Walcik <ron@...> wrote:

          > At 11:28 AM -0500 4/1/07, Richard Martin wrote:
          >
          > > Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental
          > > agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson
          County
          > > in the year 1940-41?
          >
          > Best guess... It's where they are usually kept - Williamson County
          > Clerk's office.
          >
          > --
          > Ron Walcik
          > Killeen, Texas
          >
          > Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings
          are
          > incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are
          > powerful beyond imagination.
          > --Albert Einstein
          >
          > Support anti-Spam legislation.
          > Join the fight <http://www.cauce.org/>

        • Adam Lesh
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
            Richard,
            Not sure if this is what you are after or not?

            http://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/tolapp/ovra/

            Danny

            >From: "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
            >To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Location of documents
            >Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 11:28:00 -0500
            >
            >Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is
            >in
            >possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?
            >
            >Many thanks,
            >Richard

          • Joyce Janicek
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
              What exactly do you need, Richard.  I'm going tothe geneological library in Houston tomorrow and I can get a copy if they have one.  They have some death records now....but answer me quickly, because I will have limited access to my email.  I'll be glad to help.
              Joyce Janicek

              On 4/1/07, Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:

              Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

              Many thanks,
              Richard

            • Richard Martin
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
                Thank you for all the great responses to my out-of-Stater inquiry about death certificates in Texas!

                Is anyone out there in Dallas?  They do indeed have death certificates at the Dallas Public Library (Gen. section), but strictly do NOT send copies to anyone.  You have to do it in person.  It's a bit of a drive for me from Louisiana to Dallas, so I was wondering if there was a fellow-researcher in Dallas that might be able to assist me with this.  (I'd be happy to reimburse for the copying fee from microfilm, if you'd like to scan/email it!)

                I will also check to see if there is a Gen Society of Dallas that might be able to help.

                Thank you all!
                Richard
              • Peggy McPeak
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                  Try Dept of Vital Statistics, Texas State Health Dept., Austin, Tx.
                  --Peggy.

                  Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:
                  Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

                  Many thanks,
                  Richard

                  Never miss an email again!
                  Yahoo! Toolbar

                • Cindy Neal
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                    This isn't related particularly to death records, but anyone searching
                    Williamson County should check out the website at
                    http://three-legged-willie.org/ Tons of information! Enjoy..

                    Cindy Neal