Re: Location of documents

  • newcity46
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
      Richard,
      Below is the website you can used to obtain death certificates.

      www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs

      Have a nice day,

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
      wrote:

      > Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental
      agency is in
      > possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year
      1940-41?

      > Many thanks,
      > Richard

    • Ron Walcik
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
        Re: [TexasCzechs] Location of documents
        At 11:28 AM -0500 4/1/07, Richard Martin wrote:

        Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

        Best guess... It's where they are usually kept - Williamson County Clerk's office.

        --

        Ron Walcik
        Killeen, Texas

        Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.
                                                        --Albert Einstein

        Support anti-Spam legislation.
        Join the fight <http://www.cauce.org/>
      • RICHARD MCCLENDON
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
          Richard,
          Birth and death certificates can be obtained from below website.

          http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
            Information on Texas birth, marriage and death certificates can be
            obtained on the following website.

            http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Ron Walcik <ron@...> wrote:

            > At 11:28 AM -0500 4/1/07, Richard Martin wrote:
            >
            > > Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental
            > > agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson
            County
            > > in the year 1940-41?
            >
            > Best guess... It's where they are usually kept - Williamson County
            > Clerk's office.
            >
            > --
            > Ron Walcik
            > Killeen, Texas
            >
            > Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings
            are
            > incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are
            > powerful beyond imagination.
            > --Albert Einstein
            >
            > Support anti-Spam legislation.
            > Join the fight <http://www.cauce.org/>

          • texasjoe43
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
              Richard
              The Texas State Dept of State Health Services now makes it possible
              to order death certificates over 25 years old online. This is a link
              to their site with more info:
              http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/reqproc/deathcert.shtm

              The County Clerk's office of Williamson County will also have them.
              Here is a link to the office that has a link to search for death
              records in that county and a link to info about requesting them. Of
              course, you can also go there in person.
              https://deed.wilco.org/localization/menu.asp

              The Genealogy floor of the Dallas Public Library also has most of
              the death certificates for Texas on microfilm, probably up to about
              1974 or 1975.

              Hope this helps,
              Joe

              <martin1019@...> wrote:

              > Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental
              agency is in
              > possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year
              1940-41?

              > Many thanks,
              > Richard

            • Adam Lesh
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
                Richard,
                Not sure if this is what you are after or not?

                http://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/tolapp/ovra/

                Danny

                >From: "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
                >To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Location of documents
                >Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 11:28:00 -0500
                >
                >Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is
                >in
                >possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?
                >
                >Many thanks,
                >Richard

              • Joyce Janicek
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
                  What exactly do you need, Richard.  I'm going tothe geneological library in Houston tomorrow and I can get a copy if they have one.  They have some death records now....but answer me quickly, because I will have limited access to my email.  I'll be glad to help.
                  Joyce Janicek

                  On 4/1/07, Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:

                  Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

                  Many thanks,
                  Richard

                • Richard Martin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
                    Thank you for all the great responses to my out-of-Stater inquiry about death certificates in Texas!

                    Is anyone out there in Dallas?  They do indeed have death certificates at the Dallas Public Library (Gen. section), but strictly do NOT send copies to anyone.  You have to do it in person.  It's a bit of a drive for me from Louisiana to Dallas, so I was wondering if there was a fellow-researcher in Dallas that might be able to assist me with this.  (I'd be happy to reimburse for the copying fee from microfilm, if you'd like to scan/email it!)

                    I will also check to see if there is a Gen Society of Dallas that might be able to help.

                    Thank you all!
                    Richard
                  • Peggy McPeak
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                      Try Dept of Vital Statistics, Texas State Health Dept., Austin, Tx.
                      --Peggy.

                      Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:
                      Does someone know off the top of their head, which governmental agency is in possession of death certificates for Williamson County in the year 1940-41?

                      Many thanks,
                      Richard

                      Never miss an email again!
                      Yahoo! Toolbar

                    • Cindy Neal
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                        This isn't related particularly to death records, but anyone searching
                        Williamson County should check out the website at
                        http://three-legged-willie.org/ Tons of information! Enjoy..

                        Cindy Neal