Re: Looking for Veronica Sugarek/Smajstrlas

  • janetsk57
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2007
      I have just two notes from my late cousin, George Smaistrla regarding
      Veronica Sugarek. (I am the grandaughter of Frank Bohumil Smaistrla--
      he changed the spelling from Smajstrla to Smaistrla). (Frank Bohumil
      is a child of Jan Smajstrla who was brother to Rudolf Smajstrla who
      was Veronica's first husband)

      My notes show that Rudolf Smajstrla was was born in 1848 and died on
      2/5/1881 and was married to a Veronika Sugarek who was born on
      2/6/1850 and died on 1/22/1948.
      My notes also show:
      Veronika Sugarek remarried F. Adamac.
      Rudolf Smajstrla is buried in Dubina Cemetery. The name on the
      tombstone is misspelled as "Rudolph Smajstyrla".
      Wife is buried beside him under name of Adamec
      Arrived in Galveston, Texas in November 1860 from Bremen. He became a
      naturalized citizen on 9/13/1871 at age of 23. He died in a drowning
      accident with his adopted daughter when the buggy overturned in a
      rain swollen gully.
      Rudolf's siblings were Jan Smajstrla and Filomena Veronika Smajstrla
      who was married to Jan Bajer (Bjyer) on 2/20/1851.
      Veronika Sugarek is buried in Dubina, Texas
      I have a copy of a picture of Filomena Bajer and her mother who must
      have gone by the name of Veronika Smajstrla Bajer-- but, I'm sorry,
      I do not have a picture of Veronika Sugarek.

      > Nancy- I am searching for information on Veronica aka Verusha aka
      Veruna..

      > She is Frantisek Johan Sugarek's sister. She was born Feb 6, 1850
      and
      > arrived in Galveston in 1867 and died Jan 22, 1948 in Schulenberg,
      TX.,