Re: [TexasCzechs] Pat Marek Hejl-help with Marek

  • darlenbaker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
      To both Pats,

      Since you are Marek researchers-- I am looking for more info on great great granmda Terezie Marek Vojtek Melnar.

      born 12-8-1848 Cermna, Cechy
      6-3-1930 Buried in Vsetin Cemetery, Lavaca Co., TX

      Her death certificate shows her father was Josef Marek.  Thats it thanks

      Darlene Baker
    • granny pat
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
        Hi, Pat (Lyon)

        Attached is a file on the descendants of Joseph Marek and Terezie Chaloupka (my line). Josef R. and Filomena Marek are my gr-grandparents. You will notice that Vinc (Cenek) is Josef's youngest brother. Also, there was an earlier brother, Vinc, who died when he was just a few weeks old.

        It's truly confusing since there are so many Josephs, Vincs, Franks, etc. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

        Pat (Hejl)

      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
          HI Pat,

          This is Pat.  Yes, her name was Ann Marie (Sefcik).  I had that and didn't realize Paula didn't. Sorry!  Glad to know he is still "Kicking", same age as my dad if he were still alive and I had counted on keeping him about this long.  Thanks for responding.

          Pat Sommerfeld Lyon
          Researching:  Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simek, Slovak, Supak/Shupak, Blaha, Balcar, Janda, Pustejovsky, Soukup, Kocurek, Mikeska, et al
        • Pat Lyon
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
            P.S. Pat Do you know if they had children?  (and yes to your question is Dime Box in Lee County).  (Sorry I never seem to get my thoughts all together)

            Pat
          • granny pat
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
              Leonard and Ann didn't have children.

              Pat
            • Pat Lyon
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
                Thanks Pat.  That saves us chasing someone that doesn't exist.

                Pat