Pat Marek Hejl-help with Marek

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hello Pat,

      I'm entangled in the Marek's at the moment and am a little confused.

      I got the Marek lines entered as Jackie sent them and am trying to tie yours
      in. I guess my main confusion is over Vincenc (Cenek) b. 1871. Your family
      list would seem to have him as a child of Josef Marek b. 1828 and Terezie
      Chaloupka b. 1858. Jackie's family tree places him as a child of Josef
      Marek b. 1844 and an Anna Unknown. Age-wise the 1844 makes more sense than
      the 1828 but I am unable to reconcile this and figure out how Joseph R. who
      married Filomena Marek figures in. Is he a sibling of Vincenc (Cenek)?
      Sorry I get a little dense at times looking at these lists.

      Pat Lyon
      3:42 PM
    • darlenbaker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
        To both Pats,

        Since you are Marek researchers-- I am looking for more info on great great granmda Terezie Marek Vojtek Melnar.

        born 12-8-1848 Cermna, Cechy
        6-3-1930 Buried in Vsetin Cemetery, Lavaca Co., TX

        Her death certificate shows her father was Josef Marek.  Thats it thanks

        Darlene Baker
      • granny pat
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
          Hi, Pat (Lyon)

          Attached is a file on the descendants of Joseph Marek and Terezie Chaloupka (my line). Josef R. and Filomena Marek are my gr-grandparents. You will notice that Vinc (Cenek) is Josef's youngest brother. Also, there was an earlier brother, Vinc, who died when he was just a few weeks old.

          It's truly confusing since there are so many Josephs, Vincs, Franks, etc. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

          Pat (Hejl)

        • Pat Lyon
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
            HI Pat,

            This is Pat.  Yes, her name was Ann Marie (Sefcik).  I had that and didn't realize Paula didn't. Sorry!  Glad to know he is still "Kicking", same age as my dad if he were still alive and I had counted on keeping him about this long.  Thanks for responding.

            Pat Sommerfeld Lyon
            Researching:  Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simek, Slovak, Supak/Shupak, Blaha, Balcar, Janda, Pustejovsky, Soukup, Kocurek, Mikeska, et al
          • Pat Lyon
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
              P.S. Pat Do you know if they had children?  (and yes to your question is Dime Box in Lee County).  (Sorry I never seem to get my thoughts all together)

              Pat
            • granny pat
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
                Leonard and Ann didn't have children.

                Pat
              • Pat Lyon
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 22, 2007
                  Thanks Pat.  That saves us chasing someone that doesn't exist.

                  Pat