Czech Republic tours this summer

  • tim@orsakadventures.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
      I would like to know how many other tours are planned for this summer
      besides my own in June. Just trying to determine the competition! :)
      Thanks,
      tim orsak

      http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE
    • Rebecca Kohout
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
        Hi, Tim.

        This is just a "Spur" of the moment thought, but I might be interested in going on your tour in June.  It's a tough time for me, because it's my busiest time for business... but I'm not getting any younger and maybe I should consider it!

        Here's one of my concerns.  My family ties are in a little town called Havlikova Borova, in the northeastern part of Vysocina.  It's kind of north east of Havlickuy Brod... but much smaller.  It's actually the birthplace of some famous poet...you may know who I'm talking about.   Anyway.  I really want to visit the place.  I paid a researcher to go and take pictures of the family homes there that are all still standing.    I just don't know how close is it to Brno time wise.    I see that you have free time in Brno.. but could this be something I could do on a day trip?

        I don't speak Czech.  My grandfather was born in Borova...and my father spoke Czech, but they didn't speak it at all around the kids.  You know... new country... new language.  So I may be at a loss if I take out on my own.   BTW.. I'm a 54 year old single woman.  Pretty feisty... and still think I'm in my 30s.... and while I live in Austin... I'm originally from Stamford, Texas.

        So can you tell me about the possibility of visiting my grandfather's roots?  That would really be my main reason to go on the trip.  Sure, I want to see the rest of the country... but I would really love to see the little town where they were born.   I don't think there are any other living family members except for a cousin in Brno...and he hasn't responded to my letters.   So I don't have anyone to really visit at this time.

        Thanks for anything you can tell me about the trip other than what is already on the web.  I printed that off and am looking it over.    Who usually goes on these trips?  How many?  Do you speak Czech? etc....

        Thanks so much for your time...

        Rebecca Kohout

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
          A distant cousin of mine from the Holub side of the family is hosting a
          tour to eastern Moravia and Prague the first 2 weeks of September. My
          aunt and I are interested in going this summer. Can you send me the
          link to your tour website so we can get details? Thanks, Mary Ann