more on the Petras family

  • Patricia Fowler
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      I have information on a Petras family that married into the Trojacek family
      in Ennis, Texas:

      Father Joseph Petras was born in Stramberk, Moravia - Czechoslovakia, on
      November 27, 1821. He married when he was 22 or 23 years old. For his
      wife, he took Rozalie Bayer, also born in Stramberk, Moravia, January 6,
      1826. Born to them were eight children, six boys and two girls. One girl,
      first born, died after birth and one boy also died as an infant.

      Does this tie in with anyone?

      Pat

      http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline
    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Is this the same Joseph who was living with son August in Austin County in the 1900 Census?

        Rosemary Ermis

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          The Petras family in La Grange were descendants of I believe Edward
          Petras of Holman. There was son Edward Joe who married Millie Kainer
          (passed away in 2005). Edward died in the 50's. Children were Jo Lynn
          and Dennis. George Charles married Hilda Borovec, and children were
          Carol, Daniel, and Thomas. There was another son they called Ike who
          was county judge.

          Felix Petrash with (H) lived at Hostyn and was married to Anne
          Haverda. Children were Judy, Rose, Evelyn and Anton.

          I knew the Donald Petrash from the obit posted for his father. They
          used to own the Buckhorn Inn which was pretty much accross the Hiway
          77 from Bucheks Dairy Queen in Schulenburg. Obit mentions that the
          father passed away in the Doctor's office. Do not remember this, but
          in that same period Charles Knesek died in Dr Watzavicks office. He
          was like 21 or 22.

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary Ermis" <rermis@...>