Fayette County Petrash's

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2007
      I'm new to this group and new to genealogy research. I'm searching for
      information on my family. My Grandfather was Eddie Petrash of
      Freyburg, Fayette County, Texas. I believe his father was Josef (sp?)
      Petrash and his mother was Teresa Mick (sp) Petrash. I believe my
      grandfather was born in Texas but not sure about my great grandfather.
      I would appreciate it if someone could point me to some on-line
      databases. The ones I've come up with so far have had very little.

      Mark
    • Gerri Martisek
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 30, 2007
        Ancestry.com has the following from the 1910 Fayette County Census:

        Joseph Petrash - Head 58 b Austria/Moravia Married l time 31 at
        marriage Imm to US 1874
        Teresa Petrash - wife 50 born Austria/Moravia Married one time 31
        at marriage Imm to US 1880 7 children born 7 living
        Annie Petrash -daughter 19 born TX
        Amelia Petrash - daughter 15 born TX
        Edward Petrash - son 9 born TX
        Alvis Petrash - son 7 born TX
        Edward Kleiber - hired man 22

        Gerri

        Mark wrote:

        > I'm new to this group and new to genealogy research. I'm searching for
        > information on my family. My Grandfather was Eddie Petrash of
        > Freyburg, Fayette County, Texas. I believe his father was Josef (sp?)
        > Petrash and his mother was Teresa Mick (sp) Petrash. I believe my
        > grandfather was born in Texas but not sure about my great grandfather.
        > I would appreciate it if someone could point me to some on-line
        > databases. The ones I've come up with so far have had very little.
        >
        > Mark

      • Matt Cross
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2007
          While we are on the subject of the Petrash family in Fayette County, I have
          one I am looking for:

          Henry Petrash married Johanna Hajek 25 Jan 1910 at Praha, TX. Johanna was
          born 10 Mar 1890 and died 25 Mar 1919 in Lavaca County.

          The couple had at least 4 children: Mary, born 22 Jan 1912; Margaret, born 2
          Jan 1913, died 15 Sep 2004, Houston; Edwin Anton, born 16 Jan 1916, died 18
          Jun 1989, Tarrant County, TX (Fort Worth area); and John Joseph, born 23 Jun
          1917, died 15 May 1987, Harris County, TX. All children were born in
          Moulton, Lavaca County.

          The obituary for Margaret Petrash Bohac suggests, however, that Henry and
          Johanna may have had as many as 8 children, 5 sons and 3 daughters. Four of
          the sons were deceased as of Sept. 2004, leaving one son and 2 daughters
          remaining in the family. One note the obit does not mention is whether Henry
          Petrash Sr. remarried after Johanna's death; if he did remarry, then some of
          these 8 children could be from a second marriage although the obit does not
          make clear that any were half-siblings.

          Any help is appreciated.

          Matt Cross
          lennonluv@...

          From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
          Academy Awards�
          http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1
        • pfoster
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
            Matt
            Ancestry 1930 Census Found this: Precnct 8 Fayette: Felix 19, Margaret l7,
            Henry 16, Edwin l4, John 13, Irene 9, Julius 6, Anita 4 1/12 and the parents
            were
            Henry Petrash 43 and Annie 42. I am not for sure this the family you are
            looking for. Hope it helps. pfoster
            > While we are on the subject of the Petrash family in Fayette County, I
            > have
            > one I am looking for:
            >
            > Henry Petrash married Johanna Hajek 25 Jan 1910 at Praha, TX. Johanna was
            > born 10 Mar 1890 and died 25 Mar 1919 in Lavaca County.
            >
            > The couple had at least 4 children: Mary, born 22 Jan 1912; Margaret, born
            > 2
            > Jan 1913, died 15 Sep 2004, Houston; Edwin Anton, born 16 Jan 1916, died
            > 18
            > Jun 1989, Tarrant County, TX (Fort Worth area); and John Joseph, born 23
            > Jun
            > 1917, died 15 May 1987, Harris County, TX. All children were born in
            > Moulton, Lavaca County.
            >
            > The obituary for Margaret Petrash Bohac suggests, however, that Henry and
            > Johanna may have had as many as 8 children, 5 sons and 3 daughters. Four
            > of
            > the sons were deceased as of Sept. 2004, leaving one son and 2 daughters
            > remaining in the family. One note the obit does not mention is whether
            > Henry
            > Petrash Sr. remarried after Johanna's death; if he did remarry, then some
            > of
            > these 8 children could be from a second marriage although the obit does
            > not
            > make clear that any were half-siblings.
            >
            > Any help is appreciated.
            >
            > Matt Cross
            > lennonluv@...
            > "Madness is the first sign of dandruff." -- John Lennon

            > From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
            > Academy Awards®
            > http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

          • Gerri Martisek
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
              Matt, I found this entry in Ancestry.com World Family Tree area. It was
              submitted by UNKNOWN, so don't know how accurate it is.

              Hope it helps

              Gerri

              pfoster wrote:

              > Matt
              > Ancestry 1930 Census Found this: Precnct 8 Fayette: Felix 19, Margaret l7,
              > Henry 16, Edwin l4, John 13, Irene 9, Julius 6, Anita 4 1/12 and the
              > parents
              > were
              > Henry Petrash 43 and Annie 42. I am not for sure this the family you are
              > looking for. Hope it helps. pfoster

            • carl_frietsch
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
                Matt,

                Henry Petrash is my grandfather and Margaret Petrash is my aunt and
                Godmother. Henry's first wife, Johanna, died in 1919. They had 6
                children together (1 died as an infant). Henry then married Annie
                Sustr on 17 June 1919 in Hallettsville, TX. They had 5 children (2
                of which died as infants and the remaining three are still living --
                one is my mother). I am fairly new to this group. I have a .pdf
                file I can upload if someone can give me some direction on how to get
                it on the list (or I can email it to you direct). I hope this helps.

                Carl Frietsch

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Cross" <lennonluv@...>

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
                  Gerri,

                  Wow! Thanks for the heads up and the information. That looks like the right
                  family.

                  Matt Cross
                  lennonluv@...

                  http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
                • pfoster
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Matt
                    It looks like you found your family connection.  That is great!
                    pfoster
                    Wow! Thanks for the heads up and the information. That looks like the right
                    family.

                    Matt Cross
                    lennonluv@hotmail. com

                    http://click4thecau se.live.com/ search/charity/ default.aspx? source=hmemtagli ne_donation& FORM=WLMTAG

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  • Matt Cross
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
                      Carl,

                      To add a file, go to Files, then click "Add File." Browse for your file and
                      attach it.

                      Matt Cross
                      lennonluv@...

                      Awards� http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2