Re: [TexasCzechs] 20+K+M+B+07

  • Rejsky@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
      Heh Rick, its 20 B+M+C+07
    • Pat Lyon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
        I tried a Czech Moon Cookies recipe I found on line.  They are meant to be given away for luck & prosperity and Mom and I went to my nephews' in-laws for Christmas, so I wanted to take something special.  Everyone enjoyed them and they disappeared.  They are a cake-like cookie with walnuts and chocolate and a rum-laced icing.  UMMM.

        Pat Lyon
        researching:  Urban, Orsak, Svach, Simik, Kunetka, Stasny, Supak, Slovak, et al.
      • tjslansky@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007

          To Ric and Rejsky@...

          Ric is correct to post “20+K+M+B+07”.  Kašpar, Melichar a Baltazar

          For persons who are in the Czech Lands according to this web site

          http://www.pastorace.cz/index.php?typ=texty&sel_char=T&sel_tema=73&sel_podtema=409&sel_text=3176

          In other parts of Europe it is “20+C+M+B+07”

          Happy New Year,

          T J Slansky

          - - - - - - - - -

          Rick Garza
          Sharing. It's what it's all about!
          http://www.texascze chs.homestead. com/

          "20+K+M+B+07"

        • janapivec
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
            I tried my hand at dumplings--it must be like kolaches: you have to
            practice to get the correct feel of the dough for them to come out
            right. My son made roast pork to go with, and I made a fabulous
            mushroom gravy--All recipes from an old 1940's recipe book I
            bought, "Cooking the Czech Way". I also tried molded Christmas
            Cookies (basically hazelnuts and butter :-) and they tasted great,
            but I had trouble getting them out of the molds.

            - In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Richard A Garza <richardgarza1@...>
            wrote:

            >(snip) how many of you baked or cooked at least one
            > Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?
            >
            > Rick Garza
            > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
            > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
            >
            > "20+K+M+B+07"

          • Suzanne Fiala
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
              I made Kolaches, and apple strudel. My husband is Czech, and he said
              the Kolaches and strudel were really good. I had some of my family
              over on Christmas Day and they ate all of the sausage kolaches and
              wanted more!! They also enjoyed the strudel! There was some chicken
              soup before the dinner also.

              Suzanne Fiala

              wrote:

              > Hi All,
              > The Christmas season is officially over today and all over
              Europe
              > folks have taken down their trees and put away the ornaments 'til
              another
              > year. I can finally put away that scratchy red suit<g>.
              > I hope your holidays were happy and safe.
              > Now the question: how many of you baked or cooked at least one
              > Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?
              >
              > Rick Garza
              > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
              > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
              >
              > "20+K+M+B+07"

            • mlmatzkegreer
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                <richardgarza1@...> wrote:

                > Hi All,
                > The Christmas season is officially over today and all over
                Europe
                > folks have taken down their trees and put away the ornaments 'til
                another
                > year. I can finally put away that scratchy red suit<g>.
                > I hope your holidays were happy and safe.
                > Now the question: how many of you baked or cooked at least one
                > Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?
                >
                > Rick Garza
                > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
                > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
                >
                > "20+K+M+B+07"

                My grandmother always made a french bread dressing for the holidays.
                (I make a scaled down version.) To this day, I have never known
                anyone outside of my family that has even heard of this type of
                dressing. We all think it's the best! Does anyone know where this
                came from or was it just one of granny's secret recipes?

                Leslie Matzke-Greer
                (Researching Stokr, Matzke, Hoffman, Guenther)
              • Alton O'Neal, Jr.
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                  We had kolaches; that is as part of Chrismas as the Big Guy in Red. I
                  had my favorite-apricot and mother had hers-poppy seed.
                  Now I need to think of some reason for her to make some more.

                  Alton O'Neal, Jr.
                  Hunting HOVORAKs and PETERS
                • Nangotoo