20+K+M+B+07

  • Richard A Garza
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
      Hi All,
      The Christmas season is officially over today and all over Europe
      folks have taken down their trees and put away the ornaments 'til another
      year. I can finally put away that scratchy red suit<g>.
      I hope your holidays were happy and safe.
      Now the question: how many of you baked or cooked at least one
      Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?

      Rick Garza
      Sharing. It's what it's all about!
      http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

      "20+K+M+B+07"
    • Rejsky@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
        Heh Rick, its 20 B+M+C+07
      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
          I tried a Czech Moon Cookies recipe I found on line.  They are meant to be given away for luck & prosperity and Mom and I went to my nephews' in-laws for Christmas, so I wanted to take something special.  Everyone enjoyed them and they disappeared.  They are a cake-like cookie with walnuts and chocolate and a rum-laced icing.  UMMM.

          Pat Lyon
          researching:  Urban, Orsak, Svach, Simik, Kunetka, Stasny, Supak, Slovak, et al.
        • tjslansky@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007

            To Ric and Rejsky@...

            Ric is correct to post “20+K+M+B+07”.  Kašpar, Melichar a Baltazar

            For persons who are in the Czech Lands according to this web site

            http://www.pastorace.cz/index.php?typ=texty&sel_char=T&sel_tema=73&sel_podtema=409&sel_text=3176

            In other parts of Europe it is “20+C+M+B+07”

            Happy New Year,

            T J Slansky

            - - - - - - - - -

            Rick Garza
            Sharing. It's what it's all about!
            http://www.texascze chs.homestead. com/

            "20+K+M+B+07"

          • janapivec
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
              I tried my hand at dumplings--it must be like kolaches: you have to
              practice to get the correct feel of the dough for them to come out
              right. My son made roast pork to go with, and I made a fabulous
              mushroom gravy--All recipes from an old 1940's recipe book I
              bought, "Cooking the Czech Way". I also tried molded Christmas
              Cookies (basically hazelnuts and butter :-) and they tasted great,
              but I had trouble getting them out of the molds.

              - In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Richard A Garza <richardgarza1@...>
              wrote:

              >(snip) how many of you baked or cooked at least one
              > Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?
              >
              > Rick Garza
              > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
              > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
              >
              > "20+K+M+B+07"

            • Suzanne Fiala
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                I made Kolaches, and apple strudel. My husband is Czech, and he said
                the Kolaches and strudel were really good. I had some of my family
                over on Christmas Day and they ate all of the sausage kolaches and
                wanted more!! They also enjoyed the strudel! There was some chicken
                soup before the dinner also.

                Suzanne Fiala

                wrote:

                > Hi All,
                > The Christmas season is officially over today and all over
                Europe
                > folks have taken down their trees and put away the ornaments 'til
                another
                > year. I can finally put away that scratchy red suit<g>.
                > I hope your holidays were happy and safe.
                > Now the question: how many of you baked or cooked at least one
                > Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?
                >
                > Rick Garza
                > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
                > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
                >
                > "20+K+M+B+07"

              • mlmatzkegreer
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                  <richardgarza1@...> wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  > The Christmas season is officially over today and all over
                  Europe
                  > folks have taken down their trees and put away the ornaments 'til
                  another
                  > year. I can finally put away that scratchy red suit<g>.
                  > I hope your holidays were happy and safe.
                  > Now the question: how many of you baked or cooked at least one
                  > Czech dish over the holidays and what was it?
                  >
                  > Rick Garza
                  > Sharing. It's what it's all about!
                  > http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/
                  >
                  > "20+K+M+B+07"

                  My grandmother always made a french bread dressing for the holidays.
                  (I make a scaled down version.) To this day, I have never known
                  anyone outside of my family that has even heard of this type of
                  dressing. We all think it's the best! Does anyone know where this
                  came from or was it just one of granny's secret recipes?

                  Leslie Matzke-Greer
                  (Researching Stokr, Matzke, Hoffman, Guenther)
                • Alton O'Neal, Jr.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                    We had kolaches; that is as part of Chrismas as the Big Guy in Red. I
                    had my favorite-apricot and mother had hers-poppy seed.
                    Now I need to think of some reason for her to make some more.

                    Alton O'Neal, Jr.
                    Hunting HOVORAKs and PETERS
                  • Nangotoo