Re: [TexasCzechs] need translation, please

  • phejl@totalaccess.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
      Zdenka,

      Thank you very much. Yes, it does make sense. I had a general idea of what it
      said but wanted to verify what happened on each of the dates.

      Thanks again for your help.

      Pat

    • Ashley Sides
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
        I agree with Zdenek's translation, but "kauce" might be more naturally
        translated as "deposit".

        Ashley Sides

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Zdenek Malcik <zdenek_maki@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > there is my version:
        >
        > ... he paid caution money 640 zlaty = gulden (Austrian currency till
        1892). ( http://www.answers.com/topic/austro-hungarian-gulden ) The
        consent for him was sent on 6th October 1855, travel documents were
        given to him on 12th October 1855...