FW: Interesting photo aid: Pototagger

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007

      I don’t think this made it to the group.  So I am re-sending it.

      This is a free program which allows you to tag your photos.  It is suppose to follow the

      picture, so if you change photo programs or just move the photo around, it will not lose

      the tags.  I think I will play with this and see how it works.  I read about it in the Family Chronicle.

      http://www.fototagger.com/

      Steve

    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
        Steve,

        This program looks great, but the information keeps saying you can upload photos to your Flicker account, the download and the annotations are still there.  Wonder if annotations will stay attached in sending photo as file attachment?  If you try the pgrm out, mark a photo and send to me and we'll see if annotations stay attached.  I'm in process of changing files to a new built PC right now, or would try it out.  BUT, you know building up and installing files isn't a 15 minute job.  <G>

        Sir John

        Steve <salvarez4@...> wrote:
        I don’t think this made it to the group.  So I am re-sending it.

        This is a free program which allows you to tag your photos.  It is suppose to follow the
        picture, so if you change photo programs or just move the photo around, it will not lose
        the tags.  I think I will play with this and see how it works.  I read about it in the Family Chronicle.
        Steve

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007

          I have not downloaded it yet.  I am waiting until I have the time to play with it.  But I will

          send you a picture as soon as I do.   According to the article it is suppose to work without

          the Flicker and it is not suppose to be tie to any one photo program.

          I am interested in this program. Because I remember a while back when I moved some photos out of my “photo album” program and lost the information I had added to the pictures. So if this makes pictures moveable without

          the lose of data and it being free,  it could be a nice little program.

          Steve

          This program looks great, but the information keeps saying you can upload photos to your Flicker account, the download and the annotations are still there.  Wonder if annotations will stay attached in sending photo as file attachment?  If you try the pgrm out, mark a photo and send to me and we'll see if annotations stay attached.  I'm in process of changing files to a new built PC right now, or would try it out.  BUT, you know building up and installing files isn't a 15 minute job.  <G>

          Sir John

          Arial">This is a free program which allows you to tag your photos.  It is suppose to follow the

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
            Steve,

            I signed up for Flicker few months ago and forgot about it <G>  This program we are discussing may have people tied into Flicker and wanted to put the Flicker name in front of us.  We genealogist acquire family photos and sometimes we are lucky and learn who is who, although photo 90 - 100 years or more old.  I just viewed a couple photos taken at a reunion 60 yrs ago and between few cousins and I, think we identified 50% of the group <G>  This program would be great to identify the people while we are still around to do so.

            I picked myself out of the above group - the best looking fellow there.  <G>  Using digital photos, can always make a duplicate Sooo easy, and put the identifications on duplicate.

            Sir John