Re: [TexasCzechs] DRGAC Family

  • Patricia Mercincavage
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 3, 2007
      I am related to the Drgac line that resided in Calhoun County in the early 1900's.  My great-aunt Frantiska (Frances) Kracala married a John E. Drgac who was born in Texas in about 1891.  This John was the son of John and Rosalie Drgac, who were both born in Moravia in about 1853 and 1856, respectively.  My great aunt Frances and great-uncle John had two children, a daughter and a son, born in about 1921 and 1922.

      Pat Mercincavage
      researching: Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Rehy/Reha, Hieronymus, Shaw and others

      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 5, 2007
        Pat,

        Do ya'll attend the Sebesta reunion in Snook every few years.  I am the grandson of Frank and Lottie Drgac

        Carl Homeyer

        Pat Lyon <patsroar@...> wrote:
        Hello Doris,

        In our family searching we have an Annie Sebesta b. 2-19-1872 d. 8-5-1932 married to Josef D. Drgac b. 10-28-1870 d.1-30-1940.  They had 13 children:

        Walter m. Anna Langer
        Anna m.Adolph Hronek
        William m. ?
        Lydia m. John Kubena
        Albina m. Otto Meyer
        Milady m. Frank Kubena
        Josef m. Tillie Telg
        Libby m. Wilton Chaloupka
        Edward m. Fanny Luksa
        Elizabeth m. Rudolph Luksa
        Olga m. Emil Urbanovsky
        Frank m. Lottie Hovorak
        John m. Ella Machan

        We have no birth dates, spouse names, but no other details for these children.

        The connection is through the Sebesta and Luksa.  If this part of your family tree we'd love to share any details we can.

        Pat Lyon & Paula Foster

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 5, 2007
          Hello Carl,

          No, we've never attended that reunion.  We actually just found this connection in the recent past few months.    I'm not clear how closely this line ties to our main branch, but we are trying to fill in the blanks when we find a new line.   You know how genealogists are--we get carried away!  The Sebesta's and Luksa's are on main line so when we find family branches we chase them.  Paula finds them, we both work on dates and other verifying info, then I slot them into the family tree.  We take any and all assistance! ha.

          Pat
        • d_barton_coats
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 6, 2007

            Hi Pat & Paula,

            First let me apologize for such a slow response.  My server has decided, once again, to start bouncing emails from the lists I subscribe to.  Lately this seems to have become a routine for them…ugh.  Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the latest due to holiday activities keeping me away from emails.  Now I am having to go to the website to search for emails that might apply to me.  So if I miss answering anyone, it is not intentional.  What a mess!

            Yes, these are people in my family tree.  I don't directly descend from Joseph & Annie (Sebesta) Drgac, Joseph's is the nephew of my great-grandfather (Jan Drgac).  Did that make sense; sometimes these descriptions get my head spinning.  Another way of saying it is that Jan Drgac is the brother of Joseph's father.

            I would love to share information.  I think that you have some names that I don't have, and I have some dates you might not have.  Below is a quick summary of what I have on the family you listed:

            Josef D Drgac               b: October 28, 1870 in Texas

            +Anna Rozena Sebesta       b: February 1872 in Texas

                    Vladislav Drgac    b: October 1892 in Texas

                    Anna Drgac          b: October 1895 in Texas

                    Willie Drgac          b: March 1897 in Texas

                    Lydia Drgac          b: March 1897 in Texas

                    Albina Drgac        b: March 1899 in Texas

                    ? Drgac          b: Bet. 1900 - 1912

                    ? Drgac          b: Bet. 1900 - 1912

                    ? Drgac          b: Bet. 1900 - 1912

                    ? Drgac          b: Bet. 1900 - 1912

                    ? Drgac          b: Bet. 1900 - 1912

                    ? Drgac          b: Bet. 1900 - 1912

                    Frank Felix Drgac b: November 29, 1912 in Texas

                            +Milady Clara Hovorak

                    ? Drgac          b: Aft. 1912

            I have more Drgac information if you are interested.  Are you directly connected to the Drgac line?  If so, I would really like to get more info on your line.  If you would prefer to continue sharing information privately, my email address is doris.coats@...

            Doris  Barton Coats

            Killeen, TX

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...> wrote:

            > Hello Doris,
            >
            > In our family searching we have an Annie Sebesta b. 2-19-1872 d. 8-5-1932
            > married to Josef D. Drgac b. 10-28-1870 d.1-30-1940. They had 13 children:
            >
            > Walter m. Anna Langer
            > Anna m.Adolph Hronek
            > William m. ?
            > Lydia m. John Kubena
            > Albina m. Otto Meyer
            > Milady m. Frank Kubena
            > Josef m. Tillie Telg
            > Libby m. Wilton Chaloupka
            > Edward m. Fanny Luksa
            > Elizabeth m. Rudolph Luksa
            > Olga m. Emil Urbanovsky
            > Frank m. Lottie Hovorak
            > John m. Ella Machan
            >
            > We have no birth dates, spouse names, but no other details for these
            > children.
            >
            > The connection is through the Sebesta and Luksa. If this part of your
            > family tree we'd love to share any details we can.
            >
            > Pat Lyon & Paula Foster

          • d_barton_coats
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 6, 2007

              Hi Pat,

              I'll bet you don't remember corresponding with me about 4 years ago.  I remember you because you were one of the first people who helped me when I first got started researching my Drgac line.  I remember being so thrilled when you sent me some census information.  That was the first bit of information (other than family provided) that got me going.  I have never forgotten and will always be thankful.

              I have since found more details about the Drgac family but not as much as I have found about my other surname lines.  I now have a picture taken around 1919 with Drgac & Marek family members which include Jan & Frances (Kracala) Drgac.  I believe this is before they had children.  It also has Toni (Drgac) Kracala & baby,  who married John Kracala.  Do you have a picture like this?  If not, I would be glad to share.

              Doris Barton Coats

              Killeen, TX

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Patricia Mercincavage" <niptrix@...> wrote:

              > I am related to the Drgac line that resided in Calhoun County in the early 1900's. My great-aunt Frantiska (Frances) Kracala married a John E. Drgac who was born in Texas in about 1891. This John was the son of John and Rosalie Drgac, who were both born in Moravia in about 1853 and 1856, respectively. My great aunt Frances and great-uncle John had two children, a daughter and a son, born in about 1921 and 1922.
              >
              > Pat Mercincavage

            • Pat Lyon
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 6, 2007
                Hi Doris,

                I do remember you.  I see your messages from time-to-time, but I had forgotten the Drgac connection.  So many names I thought had no connection to my family have come back around now.  This is really an off-main-line for me.  Paula Foster, the cousin I am working with, shares the same great-great-great grandparents, her great-great grandfather was brother to my great-great-grandmother, so we are 4th cousins once removed, or fifth cousins, however you prefer.  These families we are researching come from Urban-Supak and so forth, but there are also tie-backs through Orsak and other family, so they are kin to both.

                We're happy to share what we have.  I think there may be other Drgac connections, but it was the Sebesta one we were working on.  Glad to share anything we can!

                Pat
              • Pat Lyon
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 6, 2007
                  Doris,

                  Do you have a copy of "Astride the Old San Antonio Road"?  Burleson County Genealogical Society re-published it.  It is expensive but a cousin gave it to me for my birthday.  Anyhow, there are 3 family articles about the Drgac's in it.  I can scan them and send them to you if you don't have it.

                  Pat
                • DFC
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 9, 2007

                    Hi again Pat,

                    I went through my family database to see what I had on the Sebesta’s.  I have very little but have come across one person that I did not include in the information I sent you.  You probably already have it, but you never know.  Sometimes a tidbit of information can open a door.  I show a Frank living with Josef & Anna (Sebesta) Drgac in the 1900 census.  He is listed as “brother-in-law”, age 32, a saloon keeper, and a widower.  His last name is hard to read, but I think it is misspelled as Stefka.  If it is not misspelled, then this Anna’s last name is not Sebesta.  It’s not much, but I thought I would pass it along just in case you haven’t found him.

                    Doris

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 9, 2007

                      Hi Pat,

                      If this email comes through twice, I apologize.  I originally sent it earlier, and it hasn't come through yet.  Sorry for the delay in replying.  My emails are bouncing again!

                      No, I have never heard of the book "Astride the Old San Antonio Road".  I would be ever grateful if you would send me a scan of the articles about the Drgac's.  Would you send them to doris.coats@... ?

                      Thank you so much for offering to do this.

                      Doris Barton Coats

                      Killeen, Texas
                      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...> wrote:

                      > Doris,
                      >
                      > Do you have a copy of "Astride the Old San Antonio Road"? Burleson County
                      > Genealogical Society re-published it. It is expensive but a cousin gave it
                      > to me for my birthday. Anyhow, there are 3 family articles about the
                      > Drgac's in it. I can scan them and send them to you if you don't have it.
                      >
                      > Pat

                    • Pat Lyon
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 9, 2007
                        Thanks Doris.  We are currently trying to unravel some Drgac-Sebesta connections.  Everyone seems to have a slightly different version and since so many names were either misspelled or they used nicknames it is hard to match them up.  I'll see if this guy is in there somewhere.

                        Pat
                      • Pat Lyon
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 9, 2007
                          Do you have any Becvar, Kortis, Blaha, Supak/Shupak in your lists?  These branches keep marrying back into each other and we are trying to get as much info as we can to keep them straight.

                          Pat
                        • Pat Lyon
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 9, 2007
                            I have a Frank Stefka married to Terezie Drgac, daughter of Joseph & Annie (Sebesta) Drgac.  No ages so unable to tell if this might be same.  Anna Sebesta Drgac also had a brother Frank but he was born 1884 so age doesn't work.  Maybe he is Joseph's brother-in-law?
                          • Pat Lyon
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 11, 2007
                              Doris I did send them.  They were send directly from my scanner program with a title like "3 images for you".  It may be better to mail them by the USPS if you are having computer difficulties.  Give me your address and I will mail them.

                              Pat
                            • DFC
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 12, 2007

                                Pat,

                                Sorry for the delay in replying.  I have been on phone with Earthlink almost every day lately trying to solve the mystery of the bouncing emails.  I will send you a personal email.

                                Doris

                                Do you have any Becvar, Kortis, Blaha, Supak/Shupak in your lists?  These branches keep marrying back into each other and we are trying to get as much info as we can to keep them straight.

                              • carl homeyer
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 16, 2007
                                  Pat and Doris,

                                  There was a Josef D. Drgac that married an Anna Sebesta. Josef's sister Anna Drgac married a Josef Sebesta.  I am on the road in Waco at the present and do not have any dates available but can retrieve when I get home if needed.

                                  Carl W. Homeyer

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 17, 2007
                                    Thanks Carl.  I think I have those couples.  I've been sharing with Doris who has less.  Maybe you can assist her with more on Sebesta/Drgac, etc.

                                    Pat
                                  • e kocurek
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 17, 2007
                                      Pat,
                                      I have not been following your Sebesta exchange but I have 3 Sebesta's in my database which I will pass on.
                                      Tomas Sebesta married to Rosina Kotlar had a daughter named
                                      Anna Frantiska Sebesta b.2-25-1890, d.8-21-1971

                                      Johanna Sebesta b.10-8-1851,d.5-23-1937 married Jiri Macha b.3-25-1844,d.6-22-1918
                                              Ed

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 17, 2007
                                        Thanks, Ed.  What is the connection to you?  These are mainline Supak families.

                                        Pat
                                      • Pat Lyon
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 17, 2007
                                          Okay, now I see.  Anna Frantiska was married to Willie Kocurek.  I have that family line, do you need it?

                                          Pat
                                        • Pat Lyon
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 17, 2007
                                            I do not have the Johanna Sebesta- Jiri Macha couple.  Can you give me some context for them?  Any family connection I can link them to?

                                            Pat
                                          • DFC
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 19, 2007

                                              Hi Carl,

                                              Thanks for offering more info on the Drgac line.  I knew that Anna Drgac (b.1875) married a Sebesta but didn’t know his first name was Joseph.  I sure would appreciate it if you could fill in some of their family info.