Dubina and Marak

  • CWarschak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          I'm trying to determin if I know who you are.
          Are you a descendant of Lawrence & Cecilia Janicek who lived near Burlington?
          Do you currently live in Cameron?
          I grew up near Burlington.  When I was still at home Lawrence Janicek was our neighbor.
          I know a lady here in Waco who is a Marak descendant.  She was raised in West but was born in the Marak Community.

          Carroll Warschak
    • Joyce Janicek

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
          Hi Joyce,

          I had been working on this line of my family for some time now (not
          lately). Frank MARAK had three sons that stayed in Marak, Texas, they
          were George, Stephan and Thomas. I'm a descendant of George. Mary
          (Marak) Janicek is a descendant of Thomas. The family that Carroll
          mentioned, Lawrence & Cecilia (Lorenz) Janicek, his mother was
          Sophie L. Marak (married Frank Vincent Janicek) a descendant of
          Stephan MARAK.
          I live about 45 minutes south of San Antonio. I still go up to
          Cameron, Texas almost every month. I have a uncle and aunt in the
          nursing home and visit with them.
          I haven't had much time in the past couple of years to do much family
          research. If you would like to contact me my e-mail address is
          fs819@... or shirley78011@... I'll help you with
          what I know. I check my e-mail a couple times a week.

          Shirley Geyer

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce Janicek" <jjanicek@...>