Dubina and Marak

  • joyce_janicek
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
      I am new to the ECzechs and am very impressed by the information you
      all have.
      My husband is a direct descendant of Frank Marak, one of the first
      settlers in Dubina, and who also founded Marak, Texas near Cameron. I
      am just beginning the research on this family. If anybody has
      anything on any Marak, I would appreciate it.
      I do volunteer work at the Catholic Archidiocese of San Antonio in the
      Archives. On a limited basis, I can do some research if needed for
      members. thanks...
    • CWarschak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
            I'm trying to determin if I know who you are.
            Are you a descendant of Lawrence & Cecilia Janicek who lived near Burlington?
            Do you currently live in Cameron?
            I grew up near Burlington.  When I was still at home Lawrence Janicek was our neighbor.
            I know a lady here in Waco who is a Marak descendant.  She was raised in West but was born in the Marak Community.

            Carroll Warschak
      • Joyce Janicek

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
            Hi Joyce,

            I had been working on this line of my family for some time now (not
            lately). Frank MARAK had three sons that stayed in Marak, Texas, they
            were George, Stephan and Thomas. I'm a descendant of George. Mary
            (Marak) Janicek is a descendant of Thomas. The family that Carroll
            mentioned, Lawrence & Cecilia (Lorenz) Janicek, his mother was
            Sophie L. Marak (married Frank Vincent Janicek) a descendant of
            Stephan MARAK.
            I live about 45 minutes south of San Antonio. I still go up to
            Cameron, Texas almost every month. I have a uncle and aunt in the
            nursing home and visit with them.
            I haven't had much time in the past couple of years to do much family
            research. If you would like to contact me my e-mail address is
            fs819@... or shirley78011@... I'll help you with
            what I know. I check my e-mail a couple times a week.

            Shirley Geyer

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce Janicek" <jjanicek@...>