Obituary of Lt. William Richard "Bill" Pechacek

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Obituary of Lt. William Richard "Bill" Pechacek
      Boerne Star Online

      Lt. William Richard "Bill" Pechacek

      April 28, 1940 - Feb. 24, 2006

      Lt. William Richard "Billy" Pechacek, 65, of Clearwater, Florida, departed
      this world on Friday, Feb. 24, 2006, after a long fought battle with the
      effects of a stroke and a ruptured aneurism.

      Born April 28, 1940, in San Antonio and raised in Boerne, Billy graduated
      from Boerne High School in 1958. He graduated from Texas A&M College in 1962
      where he lettered in five varsity sports and earned a degree in zoology.
      From A&M, Billy headed north to attend seminary school at Maryknoll College
      in Illinois. Three years later, he left seminary school to serve our country
      as a member of the Navy Seals. Injuries sustained during the Vietnam War led
      to Billy's early retirement from the Navy and he was later awarded the
      Purple Heart and Bronze Star for his valiant service. Billy was a devout
      Catholic who loved God and Mary. He was a husband, a father, a son, a
      brother and a friend. He is greatly loved and will be missed by many.

      Billy is survived by his wife of 18 years, Jeanette of Clearwater, Florida;
      son Damien and wife Michelle of Boerne and their children Madison, Emery,
      Britton and Riley; son Eric and wife Susan of Carrollton; son Chad and wife
      Kim of Houston; adopted son Michael and wife Crystal and their sons Michael
      and Trevor; sister Dr. Mary Ann Pechacek and husband Tim Hundley of San
      Antonio. He was preceded in death by his parents, Adolph and Crescentia, nee
      Schwarz, Pechacek, brothers David, Louis, Jimmy and Clyde Pechacek.

      A memorial Mass celebrating Bill's life will be held at St. Peter the
      Apostle Catholic Church on Saturday, March 11, at 11:30 a.m. In lieu of
      flowers, donations can be made to St. Peter's Family Life Center 202 W.
      Kronkosky St. Boerne, TX 78006.
    • Rochelle Bubenik Kinter
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        Matt,
        You know what I am gonna ask?? How is he related to us??
        :)
        -Rochelle

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
          Rochelle,

          William Richard Pechacek's father was Adolph A. Pechacek of Boerne; Adolph
          A. Pechacek's father was Adolph G. Pechacek of Yoakum; Adolph G. Pechacek's
          father was Adolph Pechacek who married Frederica Berkenhoff. Frederica's
          parents, of course, were August (commonly referred to as Gustav) Berkenhoff
          and Antoinette Moeller/Muller/Moller.

          Cross <BR>lennonluv@... <BR></FONT><FONT face="Garamond, Times,
          Serif"><EM>"Madness is the first sign of dandruff." -- John
          Lennon</EM></FONT></FONT></DIV></html>
        • Rochelle Bubenik Kinter

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
              He was listed, but I don't think any info on his descendants was. And in the
              obit, an extra comma erroneously makes it seem that he had a brother named
              Louis. Instead, the brother's name was David Louis; he died as an infant at
              Santa Rosa Hospital according to the burial permit issued for him (per San
              Antonio Express of December 1937).

              Apparently, only this man's sister survives from his immediate family. James
              "Jimmy" was killed in a hunting accident in the early 1970s; his obit/news
              articles are on Steve's site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~txbhs