Re: [TexasCzechs] Orbit Frank Kurtin- tonight

  • Rochelle Bubenik Kinter
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27 7:33 PM
      You dont happen to be related to the Kurtin's by any chance? I am thinking this could have been my grandmother's cousin??
      -Rochelle

      At 07:19 PM 9/27/2006, you wrote:

      CLARENCE FRANK KURTIN, 77, passed into Heaven on September 25th just
      as he lived, surrounded by his entire family in Houston. Frank was
      born September 27, 1928 and lived his whole life in Houston. He
      graduated from St. Thomas High School and received his BBA from the
      University of Houston; he earned his CPA, CLU and RIA. He was
      especially well-known in banking circles where he was one of the
      first in Houston to computerize banks for IBM in the 1950s. He
      formed his own computer company Southwest Data Management, Inc., and
      then was involved in the operation, formation and IPOs of numerous
      banks and investment firms. He played baseball for St. Thomas High
      School and was a pitcher. He was a true athlete until the end; he
      loved tennis, golf and baseball. He studied to become a priest but
      wisely decided to marry his childhood sweetheart, Virginia "Ginny"
      Borel. They created their own parish of seven children during their
      marriage of 53 years. He was very involved in St. Cecilia Catholic
      Community. He was preceded in death by his parents: Katherine &
      Frank Joseph Kurtin and by his brothers: Julian, Claude & Stanley
      Kurtin and by his sisters: Rita Alexander & Gertrude Williams. Frank
      is survived by his sister Tessie Councill and his loving wife,
      Ginny, and his children: Tim (Dana), Danny (Gayla), Kathy Stewart
      (Alan), Kellie Collier (Robert), Kammy Jaques (Scott), Tobin
      (Andrea), and Kay Egger (Dan). He had beautiful grandchildren:
      Timothy, Joseph, Emily, Daniel, Jonathon, Zach, Vanessa,
      Christopher, Ginna, Claire, Matthew, Katie, Joseph, Ryan, Joshua,
      Matthew, Ashley and Elise. The family will receive visitors on
      Wednesday from 6-9 PM at Earthman Hunters Creek on Katy Freeway.
      This includes a wake service at 7:30 followed by a rosary. The
      funeral services will be held at St. Cecilia Catholic Community at
      11 AM on the 28th. In lieu of flowers donations may be sent to St.
      Thomas High School Scholarship Fund or the St. Vincent de Paul
      Society. Devoted to his wife, family, farm and faith, Frank lived
      his motto: "'Tis better to serve than receive." We will miss him
      immeasurably.
      Charles Waligura
      713-920-3997

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.