Czech Festivals

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4, 2006
      Did anyone in the group attend the West Fest in West, Tx. this past weekend?  My husband and I did make it and it was a lot of fun.  There was plenty of Czech polkas and waltzes, lots of kolaches and good foods.  Sunday morning in the pleasant weather a Polka Mass under the pavilion was attended by a large number of people.

      While in Waco, we walked through the Texas Ranger Museum on Friday.  Today we drove through Cameron Park along the Brazos River - quite nice.  We also went to the zoo, even though we have no children now, it's still neat to walk through and look at all the animals.

      Julie & Wes

      Julie & Wes Matus

      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
      Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

    • delsmaj@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 5, 2006
        My husband and i went to Westfest too.  Wish I had known you were there!  Next year we will have to have a get together of all the Texas eCzech group.

        Del Smajstrla
      • Julie Herzik Matus
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 5, 2006
          Hi Del -

          Yes we were there Saturday for the parade, stayed almost the entire
          day, Sunday we went to the Polka Mass, then stayed all day again.
          Waco has some neat places - we visited the Ranger Museum Friday and
          then the Zoo on Monday. The weather was perfect! Saturday was a
          bit humid for a while.
          We plan to go to the Kolache Fest also.
          Julie