Re: St. Mary's Cemetery (West, McLennan County) index?

  • kostohryz
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      Richard:
      If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
      can be found by going to:
      http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
      From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
      Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
      A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving up
      from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
      earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
      find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun looking
      for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
      sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had a
      listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online list
      was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into it
      is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check the
      bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
      stroke.
      bye
      Vernon Kostohryz
      Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
      http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
      wrote:

      > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
      which I
      > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
      due to an
      > evil virus. :-)
      >
      > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
      with it
      > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
      Texas next
      > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
      index for
      > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
      please
      > send it to me.
      >
      > Many thanks!
      > Richard

    • Richard A Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        Thank you Vernon, I appreciate your help.

        kostohryz <vernonk@...> wrote:
        Richard:
        If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
        can be found by going to:
        http://home. swbell.net/ cfwright/ genealogy. html
        From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.

        wrote:

        > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
        which I
        > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
        due to an
        > evil virus. :-)
        >
        > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
        with it
        > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
        Texas next
        > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
        index for
        > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
        please
        > send it to me.
        >
        > Many thanks!
        > Richard

      • richard_martin86
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kostohryz" <vernonk@...> wrote:

          > Richard:
          > If you don't already have this information, what you are looking
          for
          > can be found by going to:
          > http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
          > From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
          > Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
          > A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving
          up
          > from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
          > earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
          > find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun
          looking
          > for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
          > sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had
          > listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online
          list
          > was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into
          it
          > is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check
          the
          > bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
          > stroke.
          > bye
          > Vernon Kostohryz
          > Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
          > http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html
          >

          > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of
          this,
          > which I
          > > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
          > due to an
          > > evil virus. :-)
          > >
          > > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied
          me
          > with it
          > > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming
          > Texas next
          > > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
          > index for
          > > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better
          yet,
          > please
          > > send it to me.
          > >
          > > Many thanks!
          > > Richard

          Vernon,
          Thank you very much for the link, and the advice. I will use it as
          a guide but not my sole source!

          Sincerely,
          Richard :-)