Re: [TexasCzechs] St. Mary's Cemetery (West, McLennan County) index?

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      Is this what you're looking for?

      On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:29:31 -0500, you wrote:

      >The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this, which I
      >had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything due to an
      >evil virus. :-)
      >
      >I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me with it
      >originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to Texas next
      >weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current index for
      >this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet, please
      >send it to me.
      >
      >Many thanks!
      >Richard
    • kostohryz
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        Richard:
        If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
        can be found by going to:
        http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
        From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
        Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
        A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving up
        from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
        earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
        find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun looking
        for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
        sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had a
        listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online list
        was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into it
        is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check the
        bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
        stroke.
        bye
        Vernon Kostohryz
        Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
        http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
        wrote:

        > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
        which I
        > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
        due to an
        > evil virus. :-)
        >
        > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
        with it
        > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
        Texas next
        > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
        index for
        > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
        please
        > send it to me.
        >
        > Many thanks!
        > Richard

      • Richard A Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          Thank you Vernon, I appreciate your help.

          kostohryz <vernonk@...> wrote:
          Richard:
          If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
          can be found by going to:
          http://home. swbell.net/ cfwright/ genealogy. html
          From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.

          wrote:

          > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
          which I
          > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
          due to an
          > evil virus. :-)
          >
          > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
          with it
          > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
          Texas next
          > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
          index for
          > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
          please
          > send it to me.
          >
          > Many thanks!
          > Richard

        • richard_martin86
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kostohryz" <vernonk@...> wrote:

            > Richard:
            > If you don't already have this information, what you are looking
            for
            > can be found by going to:
            > http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
            > From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
            > Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
            > A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving
            up
            > from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
            > earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
            > find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun
            looking
            > for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
            > sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had
            > listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online
            list
            > was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into
            it
            > is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check
            the
            > bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
            > stroke.
            > bye
            > Vernon Kostohryz
            > Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
            > http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html
            >

            > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of
            this,
            > which I
            > > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
            > due to an
            > > evil virus. :-)
            > >
            > > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied
            me
            > with it
            > > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming
            > Texas next
            > > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
            > index for
            > > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better
            yet,
            > please
            > > send it to me.
            > >
            > > Many thanks!
            > > Richard

            Vernon,
            Thank you very much for the link, and the advice. I will use it as
            a guide but not my sole source!

            Sincerely,
            Richard :-)