Re: St. Mary's Cemetery (West, McLennan County) index

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      I found a text only version on one of my old disks.  I have no idea how old it is, because it is not dated or credited--and it is quite primitive compared to the XLS version I lost, but it is certainly better than no index!

      Raymond (the surveyor) Marek's email address from AOL is no longer valid (rmj2330@...), but I may call him to ask.

      Cindy, if you'd like, I can send it to you for posting in the Texas Czech database area...

      In the mean time, if you want the text copy (anyone), let me know!

      Sincerely,
      Richard
    • Cindy Neal
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        Thanks Richard. I'll be happy to post it in our files section, or if I can
        convert to a database, will post there.

        Cindy

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          Hey Richard,

          I'm interested.  Would you please e-mail me the index.

          Rosemary

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
            I may be wrong but I am thinking Raymond Marek passed away (I hope I am wrong!)  I have the most current version of the St. Mary's Cemetery Book.  I will try to scan and post today or tomorrow.  Am working on getting the rest of my pictures in for the Czech Families Volume III.  Today is the deadline!

            Pat Lyon
          • delsmaj@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
              I don't think that Raymond has passed away - they haven't said anything about it at the Czech Heritage meetings in West and I haven't seen it in the Waco or West papers.

              I just mailed mine off yesterday for the Frantisek Beseda and Jan Cyril Smajstrla families!

              I am glad I am not the only Czech procrastinator!!!

              Del Smajstrla
            • Pat Lyon
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                I got my articles in earlier this week.  But it was getting the pictures together that took longer.  I seem to always be last minute these days.

                By the way, Del, for the first time I seem to have a Smajstrla tie.  I finally tracked down Clara Urban Pavlas' offspring and her granddaughter Maxine Kubala married John Wayne Smajstrla from Victoria in 1973.  But they married in McLennan County.  According to what I got his parents are George Henry S. & Lena Ruth Stark.  I am absolutely positive that by the time we all get through there will be ties between every Czech family in Texas!

                Pat Lyon
              • richard_martin86
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...> wrote:

                  > I may be wrong but I am thinking Raymond Marek passed away (I hope
                  I am
                  > wrong!) I have the most current version of the St. Mary's
                  Cemetery Book. I
                  > will try to scan and post today or tomorrow. Am working on
                  getting the rest
                  > of my pictures in for the Czech Families Volume III. Today is the
                  deadline!

                  > Pat Lyon

                  Oh, I hope Raymond didn't pass away! I just spoke to him a few
                  months ago! Scanning the latest copy would be wonderful, Pat.
                  Thank you very much for your efforts. I will post my text copy
                  (with Cindy's approval) in the mean time.

                  Thank you!
                  Richard
                • richard_martin86
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006