Re: [TexasCzechs] St. Mary's Cemetery (West, McLennan County) index?

  • Richard A Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2006
      If anyone has the index for St. Mary's Cemetery in West I hope the will post it for all to see.
      Thanks, Judy

      Richard Martin <martin1019@...> wrote:
      I recently lost my copy of this, which I had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything due to an evil virus.  :-)

      I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me with it originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to Texas next weekend (from out of state).  I anyone out there has a current index for this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet, please send it to me.

      Many thanks!
      Richard

    • Joe
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        Is this what you're looking for?

        On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:29:31 -0500, you wrote:

        >The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this, which I
        >had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything due to an
        >evil virus. :-)
        >
        >I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me with it
        >originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to Texas next
        >weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current index for
        >this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet, please
        >send it to me.
        >
        >Many thanks!
        >Richard
      • kostohryz
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          Richard:
          If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
          can be found by going to:
          http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
          From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
          Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
          A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving up
          from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
          earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
          find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun looking
          for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
          sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had a
          listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online list
          was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into it
          is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check the
          bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
          stroke.
          bye
          Vernon Kostohryz
          Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
          http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
          wrote:

          > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
          which I
          > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
          due to an
          > evil virus. :-)
          >
          > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
          with it
          > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
          Texas next
          > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
          index for
          > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
          please
          > send it to me.
          >
          > Many thanks!
          > Richard

        • Richard A Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
            Thank you Vernon, I appreciate your help.

            kostohryz <vernonk@...> wrote:
            Richard:
            If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
            can be found by going to:
            http://home. swbell.net/ cfwright/ genealogy. html
            From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.

            wrote:

            > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
            which I
            > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
            due to an
            > evil virus. :-)
            >
            > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
            with it
            > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
            Texas next
            > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
            index for
            > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
            please
            > send it to me.
            >
            > Many thanks!
            > Richard

          • richard_martin86
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kostohryz" <vernonk@...> wrote:

              > Richard:
              > If you don't already have this information, what you are looking
              for
              > can be found by going to:
              > http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
              > From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
              > Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
              > A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving
              up
              > from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
              > earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
              > find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun
              looking
              > for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
              > sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had
              > listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online
              list
              > was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into
              it
              > is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check
              the
              > bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
              > stroke.
              > bye
              > Vernon Kostohryz
              > Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
              > http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html
              >

              > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of
              this,
              > which I
              > > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
              > due to an
              > > evil virus. :-)
              > >
              > > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied
              me
              > with it
              > > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming
              > Texas next
              > > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
              > index for
              > > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better
              yet,
              > please
              > > send it to me.
              > >
              > > Many thanks!
              > > Richard

              Vernon,
              Thank you very much for the link, and the advice. I will use it as
              a guide but not my sole source!

              Sincerely,
              Richard :-)