St. Mary's Cemetery (West, McLennan County) index?

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2006
      The Czech Heritage Society of Texas
      I recently lost my copy of this, which I had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything due to an evil virus.  :-)

      I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me with it originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to Texas next weekend (from out of state).  I anyone out there has a current index for this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet, please send it to me.

      Many thanks!
      Richard
    • Richard A Smith

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
              Is this what you're looking for?

              On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:29:31 -0500, you wrote:

              >The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this, which I
              >had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything due to an
              >evil virus. :-)
              >
              >I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me with it
              >originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to Texas next
              >weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current index for
              >this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet, please
              >send it to me.
              >
              >Many thanks!
              >Richard
            • kostohryz
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                Richard:
                If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
                can be found by going to:
                http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
                From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
                Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
                A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving up
                from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
                earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
                find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun looking
                for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
                sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had a
                listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online list
                was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into it
                is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check the
                bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
                stroke.
                bye
                Vernon Kostohryz
                Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
                http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@...>
                wrote:

                > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
                which I
                > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
                due to an
                > evil virus. :-)
                >
                > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
                with it
                > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
                Texas next
                > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
                index for
                > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
                please
                > send it to me.
                >
                > Many thanks!
                > Richard

              • Richard A Smith
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                  Thank you Vernon, I appreciate your help.

                  kostohryz <vernonk@...> wrote:
                  Richard:
                  If you don't already have this information, what you are looking for
                  can be found by going to:
                  http://home. swbell.net/ cfwright/ genealogy. html
                  From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.

                  wrote:

                  > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of this,
                  which I
                  > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
                  due to an
                  > evil virus. :-)
                  >
                  > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied me
                  with it
                  > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming to
                  Texas next
                  > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
                  index for
                  > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better yet,
                  please
                  > send it to me.
                  >
                  > Many thanks!
                  > Richard

                • richard_martin86
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                    --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "kostohryz" <vernonk@...> wrote:

                    > Richard:
                    > If you don't already have this information, what you are looking
                    for
                    > can be found by going to:
                    > http://home.swbell.net/cfwright/genealogy.html
                    > From there click the link to Cliff's genealogy reports.
                    > Finally click on St. Mary's cemetery in West, Texas.
                    > A word of caution: I depended completely on the list when driving
                    up
                    > from Mexico last year. I had walked the cemetery on a couple of
                    > earlier occassions to find a loving relative. The list helped us
                    > find that. We then spent a couple more hours in the hot sun
                    looking
                    > for another listed grave. We were about to call it quits when we
                    > sighted a bulletin board in the back part of the cemetery. It had
                    > listing of the graves and we found what we wanted. The online
                    list
                    > was useful when we were out of town -- and the work that went into
                    it
                    > is to be appreciated -- but when you are on the spot double check
                    the
                    > bulletin board if necessary. This might prevent you getting sun
                    > stroke.
                    > bye
                    > Vernon Kostohryz
                    > Kostohryz - Rydel, Looking Back 400 Years
                    > http://kostohryz.tripod.com/genealogy/history.html
                    >

                    > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Martin" <martin1019@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > The Czech Heritage Society of TexasI recently lost my copy of
                    this,
                    > which I
                    > > had in a handy MS Excel file--when I had to reinstall everything
                    > due to an
                    > > evil virus. :-)
                    > >
                    > > I contacted Clifford Wright, becaue he is the one that supplied
                    me
                    > with it
                    > > originally, but I have not yet heard from him, and I am coming
                    > Texas next
                    > > weekend (from out of state). I anyone out there has a current
                    > index for
                    > > this cemetery, please let me know where I can get it or better
                    yet,
                    > please
                    > > send it to me.
                    > >
                    > > Many thanks!
                    > > Richard

                    Vernon,
                    Thank you very much for the link, and the advice. I will use it as
                    a guide but not my sole source!

                    Sincerely,
                    Richard :-)