Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Meeting in Gonzales

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 4, 2006

      No, Shiner is in Lavaca Co. Its not very far away from Gonzales, though.

      Nan

      Your speaking of Gonzales County makes me very interested in visiting just to see what I may dig up on my family lines.
      Is Shiner in Gonzales County?

      Debra

    • Nangotoo

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 4, 2006
          If you don't find the info you need in Lavaca Co, Debra, look at the neighboring counties of DeWitt (The city of Yoakum is in both counties) and Gonzales Co.  Also, be sure to check Fayette Co and Austin Co. where many immigrants came though first before moving on to other counties.  I routinely search all of these counties when I can't find what I'm looking for in my research.

          Nan

          I have found the surname "Prasek" which there maybe more information from Lavaca County that I haven't found.
          The other surnames are Fojtik, Horak, Blaha, Bauer (married Jacob Prasek).

          Thanks for the info. on Shiner, at the time I wasn't sure if it were in Lavaca or Gonzales county.

          Debra

        • Diane Baldwin
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 4, 2006
            Hi Debra!

            Don't forget to check the Texas GenWeb, most counties have info posted and you can post a question on the message board too.

            Diane

          • miladyolga@aol.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 4, 2006
              I am looking for information on Fojtik's.

              I do need to plan a trip to Gonzales and see what I can find.

              Debra
            • miladyolga@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 4, 2006
                Thanks for the tips.  I didn't know that Yoakum was in both counties.

                Good information.

                Thanks,
                Debra
              • Nangotoo