Any county records of a child born in 1879? Looking from where parents came

  • yardman77901
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 7:16 PM
      Bernard Gaas here,
      Am retired, tired but still would like to know where My Ancestor,
      George
      and Agnes Gas, Gass, Gaas came from. I have almost reached the
      end of
      my clues, because they left absolutely no paper trail, from
      passenger list
      to Orbituary.
      Passenger list that they came from The Austrian Empire, mabe
      Bohemia, to
      Washington county, Latium, to be specific, then 15 years later to
      Burleson co, Caldwlell. They had one 8 mo. son, Richard and
      some
      years later, 1879, had a Daughter Francis, born there in
      Washington co.
      Up until now, no clue as to where their Village of Origin was.
      Where would I look for some county record, of the birth of this
      Daughter,
      Francis which might have a dab of information where her parents
      immigrated from. I have been to the Catholic archives in
      Austin, and
      got so excited to find the death record of my g grandma Agnes
      Gas, and
      proof of where she was buried ( with a crude sand stone marker, no
      inscription) that I forgot to page back in the book to see if a
      birth
      record exists for the Francis born in 1879. There too, if
      they
      wouldn't indicate in the church death record, where Grandma
      Agnes Gas
      was born, why should they bother with that in the baptismal or
      other
      records of her children. I hate you Gass' for being so
      secretive about
      your home country and village of Origin. After all, George, you
      lived
      there 35 years and you Agnes, left at an early age of only
      25. Am
      sure their son, Richard had some paper work pertaining to all this
      in
      "his drawer" until he died, later selfappointed daughters took
      upon
      themselves to turn these upside down on the burn pile without one
      look to
      see what all this was, but this is their sin and water under the
      bridge.
      Hoping to hear from you,

      Bernard
      bgaas@...
    • Dolores Miller
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 12:50 AM
        Bernard, have you checled the Cenus Records. if you don't know the exact county and town ask the the librarian at your local library for the "soundex for the Gas or the other spellings. She will find it and this soundex card shows the exact page of census reports.  Good luck.

        bgaas@cox-internet. com

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Diane Baldwin

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 8:20 AM
            Hi Bernard!

            I found them on the 1880 Washington Cty census but it just says Bohemia.  George was 40, Agnes 30. Richard 7, Franzika 1.  I will keep checking.  I found this on the LDS.org site.  The name was spelled GAS.  I will check ancestry.

            Diane

          • Vanessa Burzynski
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3 8:48 AM
              Your best chance of finding any information on their
              place of origin would be the naturalization records.

              http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/arc/local/washington.html

              These records are located at Texas A&M University
              Library in College Station, Texas.

              (NATURALIZATION) DECLARATIONS OF INTENTION, 1857-1906

              Index: For a WPA index to naturalization records,
              1850-1940, request Reel 956524

              NATURALIZATION PETITIONS, 1878-1891

              Index: For a WPA index to naturalization records,
              1850-1940, request Reel
              956524.

              I live near Texas A&M University. Next time I am there
              I will check for you.

              Vanessa

              http://mail.yahoo.com