OBIT: Gussie Frank Yanta

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
      GUSSIE YANTA - KARNES CITY

      Tuesday, August 1, 2006

      KARNES CITY - Gussie Frank Yanta, 91, of Karnes City, died Saturday, July 29, 2006, in St. Luke's Baptist Hospital.

      He was born August 2, 1914, in Harmony Community, to the late Joseph and Tekla Jendrzey Yanta. He was a farmer and rancher and a member of Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church. A member of Karnes City I.S.D School Board for 19 years and a life-long resident of Harmony Community in Karnes County.

      Survivors: wife, Theresa Yanta of Karnes City; daughter, Dr. Shirley Ann Yanta of Burnett; and sons, Fred and Edwin Yanta, both of Devine; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: brothers, Bennie Yanta and Tommy Yanta; and sister, Barbara Respondek.

      Family visitation will be 6-8 p.m. today at Eckols Chapel.

      Services will be 2 p.m. at Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church, the Rev. Paschal Bergin officiating.

      Burial will be at Kenedy Cemetery, Kenedy. Eckols Funeral Home, Kenedy, 830-583-2533.

      Pallbearers: Scott Yanta, Chris Yanta, Dan Warzecha, Marvin Warzecha, Steve FitzSimon, Larry FitzSimon