Vavra family find

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2006
      In going through my genealogy papers I have found that I have a marriage
      certificate for Frank Vavra and Annie Valenta. Frank (Henry) is a son of
      John and Anna Urban Vavra. Anna was my grandfather's sister.

      In 2002 Bernard Gaas and I were doing some research in the Burleson County
      Courthouse and the clerks directed us to a box of old marriage certificates
      they planned to discard as being more than 50 years old, so were offering
      them to anyone from the family. We each took some we either knew were
      family or thought to be. I am eager to get these into the direct
      descendents' hands.

      Frank and Annie had a son, Raymond Frank Vavra b. 14 Sep 1940; and a
      daughter, Dorothy Ann Vavra, b. 3 Dec 1934. I do not have any spouse or
      descendent information for them. Anyone who has any knowledge of this
      family group, please help me get this certificate to the right family line.
      Thank you.

      Pat Lyon
      Researching: Urban, Orsak, Svach, Kunetka, Orsak, Vavra, Gaas, et al
    • chefanita@classicnet.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 30, 2006

        Pat,

        That's my great uncle.  The Raymond may be my cousin from the Brazos Bottom and the Dorothy may be the Dorothy who's married to LD Gold.  I'll have to check with my Dad.  Send it to me and I'll get it to Raymond or Dorothy if they are his kids and want it.  Otherwise, I'll add it to my collection.

        If you happen to come across any other marriage certificates of Anna & John Vavra's children, please forward them to me.  The only ones of my Vavra cousins who I know are doing geneology research are my great Uncle Pete's daughters, so I would love to have them.

        Anita Prazak
        Pampered Chef Consultant
        979/567-6584
        chefanita@...
        www.pamperedchef.biz/chefanita1
        Now you can order 24/7 from my website!

      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 30, 2006
          Hi Anita,

          I feel like these things need to be as close to the original family line as possible, they are so precious and rare.  I had that one and the one for Pete and Otilie, but I am contacting Frances Vavra Brooks about that one.  Then I had C. H. and Girlean Theuber, but it is going to Betty Jean Hubenak.  I'll send you the one for Frank and Annie Valenta in exchange for more family data (blackmail!) ha.  Just kidding, (sort of).  I am appending what I have so far.  Please correct or add anything you can.

          I'll put the certificate in the mail this week after I've had a chance to make a copy.  I am still moving and sorting so things get delayed.  I found an envelope I had written your name on with three pictures of Anna Urban b. 1873 & John Vavra b. 1870, their wedding picture, middle age and old age.  Did you ever get copies of those?  I have a feeling I was supposed to send them to you and when all that happened with my sister, everything got put on hold.  I'll be glad to send them on now and I apologize for the long delay.  I also had a wedding picture for Richard & Rosie Urban Gaas in there.  Do you want that, too?

          Hope you try to make the Urban reunion this October.  I'd like to meet the new family med see a cousin I met and never get to see (you!)

          Pat
        • FCP FCP

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 30, 2006
              I'm so glad to get the papers to the right family.  However, I would like to have the family information from that line if you'd be so kind.  From Ed's parents on would be helpful.  Thanks.
              Pat
            • FCP FCP
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
                PAT...i will get all the info my mom has on the Vavra family ....I know that Sylvia is the sister of Ed Vavra...i will let you know what i find out ....Frank

              • RonMarineMaj@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
                  There are Vavra familes in the Milligan Nebraska area if you are interested.

                  Ron Svec
                • Pat Lyon
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
                     Thanks, Ron.  I can only speak for myself, but the trouble we are having sorting out our Texas Vavra's makes it unlikely we will look into out-of-state unless one turns up on our tree.  There were two Vavra families in the same area of the same county, who claim not to be related (at least not too closely, to anyone's knowledge), they named their kids the same, they were of similar ages, and the kids married each other and further complicated the tree.  It is very difficult to get straight!

                    Pat Lyon

                    There are Vavra families in the Milligan Nebraska area if you are interested.

                    Ron Svec