Kulhaneks: Lavaca County

  • Marie Neuman Gottfried
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
      Seeking information on the family of Nicodemus KULHANEK and wife
      Victoria CINK, both buried in the Shiner SPJST Cemetery.

      Five of their children reached adulthood:

      1. Nicodemus KULHANEK Jr., born 1875, moved to Chicago, Illinois

      2. Mary Kulhanek, born 1883, married John N. ZBRANEK. Son Albert.
      Family lived in Lavaca County.

      3. Frank KULHANEK, born 1886, married Antonie ?. Moved to Wallis.

      4. Emilie Kulhanek, born 1888, married Frank POSPISIL. Daughters
      Vlasta and Libby. Libby married a KOVAR. Pospisils moved to Houston.

      5. Louis KULHANEK, born 1889, married Frances LAMZA. Had 7 or 8
      children in Lavaca and Gonzales Counties. Some were Walter, Ernest,
      and Ignac.

      I would appreciate any contact with this family or information on
      them. Several years ago I traveled to Horni Hermanice, Bohemia, to
      research the Kulhanek family.

      Marie Neuman Gottfried
      Waller County, Texas
      mngottfried@...
    • G. Martisek
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
        Marie,

        My husband's cousin married a Kulhanek  from Wallis, TX.  Her name was Lavine Martisek and she married Jerry Kulhanek.  They lived between Wallis and East Bernard, TX.  He died with the past 6-9 months.  They had 3 children:  2 boys and 1 girl; the girl was named Antoinette.  If you think this might be part of yours, I can dig up what little info I have on them to send to you.

        Gerri Martisek

        Marie Neuman Gottfried wrote:

[...]

      • Diana Proud
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
          Hi Marie,

          You certainly have more information that I on this family. My father's sister married Walter
          Kulhanek, son of Louis and Frances. Walter was born in 1925 and died in 1972. Walter, along with
          his parents, Louis and Frances and I believe a sister, Ella, are buried in the Catholic Cemetery
          in Shiner. Uncle Walter and my dad's sister, Aunt Rosie, had 9 children, most of whom still live
          in the Shiner/Gonzales area.

          Please feel free to contact me and I'll share what little information I have.
          Diana Proud

          --- Marie Neuman Gottfried wrote:
          > Seeking information on the family of Nicodemus KULHANEK and wife
          > Victoria CINK, both buried in the Shiner SPJST Cemetery.
          > > Five of their children reached adulthood:
          > > 1. Nicodemus KULHANEK Jr., born 1875, moved to Chicago, Illinois
          > > 2. Mary Kulhanek, born 1883, married John N. ZBRANEK. Son Albert.
          > Family lived in Lavaca County.
          > > 3. Frank KULHANEK, born 1886, married Antonie ?. Moved to Wallis.
          > > 4. Emilie Kulhanek, born 1888, married Frank POSPISIL. Daughters
          > Vlasta and Libby. Libby married a KOVAR. Pospisils moved to Houston.
          > > 5. Louis KULHANEK, born 1889, married Frances LAMZA. Had 7 or 8
          > children in Lavaca and Gonzales Counties. Some were Walter, Ernest,
          > and Ignac.
          > > I would appreciate any contact with this family or information on
          > them. Several years ago I traveled to Horni Hermanice, Bohemia, to
          > research the Kulhanek family.

          > > Marie Neuman Gottfried
          > Waller County, Texas
          > mngottfried@...