Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 287

  • Illonam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hi fellow Listlers and Happy Novy Rok!
      I like the custom of celebrating Name day that is still observed in the Czech
      Republic.  Here are the names for January and their name days.  Thought it
      might be of interest.  My name day is January 20.  Maybe yours is this month?
      2. Karina
      3. Radmila
      4. Diana
      5. Dalimil
      6.Tri kralove
      7. Vilma
      8. Cestmir
      9. Vladan
      10. Bretislav
      11. Bohdana
      12. Pravoslav
      13. Edita
      14. Radovan
      15. Alice
      16. Ctirad
      17. Drahoslav
      18. Vladislav
      19. Doubavka
      20. Iloa
      21. Bela
      22. Slavomir
      23. Zdenek
      24. Milena
      25. Milos
      26. Zora
      27. Ingrid
      28. Otylie
      29. Zdislava
      30. Robin
      31. Marika
      Best wishes for a prosperous New Year!
      Illona Morris
      Here is an interesting message:

      I Am The New Year

      I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.

      I am your next chance at the art of living.

      I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the
      last twelve months.

      All that you sought and didn't find is hidden in me, waiting for you to
      search it out with more determination.

      All the good that you tried for and didn't achieve is mine to grant when you
      have fewer conflicting desires.

      All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do, all that you hoped but did not
      will, all the faith that you claimed but did not have - these slumber
      lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.

      - Author Unknown

    • Pat Lyon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
        I knew a Wojcek Podleski (Polish), a physician research doc in Denver years
        ago--seems to be variation of Vojtek..try looking in Polish.

        Pat Sommerfeld Lyon
        patsroar@...
        Researching: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Stasny,
        Ledvig/Ladwig, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,
        Sommerfeld, Behnke, et al.
      • wENDY
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2001
          Dear Lois,

          The name Otakar would translate to 'Otto'.

          Wendy Budelovsky
          Manhatten, NY

          From: Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@...>
          2. Re: Help in translating
          From: "J.D.K. Chipps" <jdkc@...>
          3. obituary
          From: "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...>
          4. Surname Database
          From: SA Barton <sabarton@...>
          5. Re: Help in translating
          From: Willie Petruy <wpetruy@...>
          6. Re: Help in translating
          From: Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@...>
          7. another search engine
          From: darlenbaker@...
          8. Knesek obit
          From: darlenbaker@...
          9. Czech Movies
          From: Leroy & Charlene <fhurta@...>
          10. Frank Melnar obit 1961
          From: darlenbaker@...
          11. Deaths - Year 2000
          From: danbea@...
          12. RE: Czech Movies
          From: SA Barton <sabarton@...>
          13. Re: Deaths - Year 2000
          From: Richard Garza <richardgarza1@...>
          14. Re: Help in translating
          From: Loretta and David <bohumil@...>
          15. Re: Help in translating
          From: catspa37@...

          Message: 1
          Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 08:50:15 -0600
          From: Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@...>
          Subject: Re: Help in translating

          I am making an index to all the names of the book, �migration to Texas
          from the Mistek District", and I am running into translation problems.
          Stolar and Otakar appears to be occupations. I found most of the words
          in the Czech dictionary on line but not these 2. I also need help in
          translating names.
          Otmar
          Bohumir
          Vladimir
          Albin
          Cenek
          Vojteck
          Ignac
          Bozena
          Jedrich
          Libuse
          Petrolina
          Now some of these names sound German or Russian to me and I guess that's
          why they aren't in the dictionary. Any help anyone? I promise to share
          once I am done.....This book is my bible and it seems to be the case
          with most Fayette Co. Czechs. I feel the index will be helpful and it
          certainly will not take away from buying the book. It will list what
          page to find the name on and parents and spouses names if known. Just
          another tool for a quicker looker upper.........lois

          Richard Garza wrote:

          > Hi Lois,
          > stolar, see truhlar=cabinet maker
          > as to otakar, perhaps a native speaker knows this word.
          > Can you tell us in what context you found these words?
          > Rick Garza
          >

          > On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:44:54 -0600 Lois Petter Pereira
          > <epereira@...> writes:
          > > I need to know the meanings of these words:
          > > stolar with an hacek over the r.
          > > and otakar
          > > I found the rest on the on-line dictionary but not these.
          > > Thanks....lois
          > >
          > > --
          > > Lois Petter Pereira
          > > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen,
          > > Papiz,
          > > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

          > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
          >
          > eGroups Sponsor
          [Click Here!]

          Lois Petter Pereira
          Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz,
          Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

          [This message contained attachments]

          Message: 2
          Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 10:42:28 -0600
          From: "J.D.K. Chipps" <jdkc@...>

          My dad's name was "Albin", which became americanized to "Alvin", and my
          grandfather was called "Jedrich", which became "Henry", if that helps.

          Good luck

          Lois Petter Pereira wrote:

          > I am making an index to all the names of the book, �migration to Texas
          > from the Mistek District", and I am running into translation problems.
          > Stolar and Otakar appears to be occupations. I found most of the words
          > in the Czech dictionary on line but not these 2. I also need help in
          > translating names.
          > Otmar
          > Bohumir
          > Vladimir
          > Albin
          > Cenek
          > Vojteck
          > Ignac
          > Bozena
          > Jedrich
          > Libuse
          > Petrolina
          > Now some of these names sound German or Russian to me and I guess
          > that's why they aren't in the dictionary. Any help anyone? I promise
          > to share once I am done.....This book is my bible and it seems to be
          > the case with most Fayette Co. Czechs. I feel the index will be
          > helpful and it certainly will not take away from buying the book. It
          > will list what page to find the name on and parents and spouses names
          > if known. Just another tool for a quicker looker upper.........lois
          >
          > Richard Garza wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Lois,
          > > stolar, see truhlar=cabinet maker
          > > as to otakar, perhaps a native speaker knows this word.
          > > Can you tell us in what context you found these words?
          > > Rick Garza
          > >

          > > On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:44:54 -0600 Lois Petter Pereira
          > > <epereira@...> writes:
          > > > I need to know the meanings of these words:
          > > > stolar with an hacek over the r.
          > > > and otakar
          > > > I found the rest on the on-line dictionary but not these.
          > > > Thanks....lois
          > > >
          > > > --
          > > > Lois Petter Pereira
          > > > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > >
          > > > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > >
          > > > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen,
          > > > Papiz,
          > > > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > > > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban,
          > > Weiser

          > --
          > Lois Petter Pereira
          > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz,
          > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

          --
          ARANDELING,ARMSTRONG,BLAZEK,BOWNE,BUCKMASTER,BURDG,BURDGE,CHAPIN
          DALRYMPLE,DERELL,GODFREY,HARBOUR,HOLBROOK,KAMENCAK,KINGMAN

          Message: 3
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 11:16:56 -0600
          From: "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...>
          Subject: obituary

          Elmer Brem, 59, of Lorena, died Friday, Dec. 29, 2000 at a local hospital.
          Mass of Christian burial was celebrated at 2 P.M. Sunday Dec. 31, 2000 at
          St. Mary's Catholic Church in West, with burial in St. Mary's cemetery.

          Mr. Brem was born January 1, 1941 in Hoen, Texas to Eddie A. and Pauline
          Kruze Brem. Survivors include his wife LaNell Brem, of Waco, daughter Karen
          Hansen and Husband Greg of Irving; sons, Jerry Brem of Temple & Michael Brem
          and wife Michelle of Waco; Mother & father-in-law Emma & Otis Ceska;
          brothers Ed Brem of Robinson, Marvin Brem of Waco, Herbert Brem of West &
          Ollie Brem of Valley Mills; grandchildren Austin & Alec Brem and Hunter
          Hansen.

          Pat Sommerfeld Lyon
          patsroar@...
          Researching: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Stasny,
          Ledvig/Ladwig, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,
          Sommerfeld, Behnke, et al.

          [This message contained attachments]

          Message: 4
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:34:54 -0500 (EST)
          From: SA Barton <sabarton@...>
          Subject: Surname Database

          MAS VALE TARDE QUE NUNCA (BETTER LATE THAN NEVER) Sorry don't know phrase in
          Czech.

          Surname - Place - Researcher(s)

          BARTON - Hodslavice
          TOMAN - Hodslavice
          RYC - ?
          PALACKY - ?
          JANEK - Hodslavice
          HROMADKA - ?
          ADAM - Hodslavice
          KUNETKA - ?
          SUGAREK/SCHUGAREK - Hajov, birth records:Rychaltice -
          SMOLIK - Sklenov
          MACHA - Klokocov
          CHOMUTOREK/CHOMUTAREK - Lhota, birth records:Male Kuncice now called
          Kuncicky u Basky
          MICHALETZ - Lhota
          SIMICEK/SCHIMICZEK - Hajov
          LICHNOVSKY/LICHNOWSKY - Hajov

          Submitted by:
          Sara Ann Barton
          sabarton@...
          PO BOX 329
          Round Top, TX 78954

          HAPPY NEW YEAR and best wishes to all the Czech egroup for a
          joyful, healthy, prosperous 2001 and my utmost appreciation for all the
          wonderful information shared and enjoyment from reading everyone's emails.
          THANK YOU for the time and effort the moderators put into making this egroup
          such a success. Sara

          > My dad's name was "Albin", which became americanized to "Alvin", and my
          > grandfather was called "Jedrich", which became "Henry", if that helps.
          >
          > Good luck
          >
          > Lois Petter Pereira wrote:
          > >
          > > I am making an index to all the names of the book, �migration to Texas
          > > from the Mistek District", and I am running into translation problems.
          > > Stolar and Otakar appears to be occupations. I found most of the words
          > > in the Czech dictionary on line but not these 2. I also need help in
          > > translating names.
          > > Otmar
          > > Bohumir
          > > Vladimir
          > > Albin
          > > Cenek
          > > Vojteck
          > > Ignac
          > > Bozena
          > > Jedrich
          > > Libuse
          > > Petrolina
          > > Now some of these names sound German or Russian to me and I guess
          > > that's why they aren't in the dictionary. Any help anyone? I promise
          > > to share once I am done.....This book is my bible and it seems to be
          > > the case with most Fayette Co. Czechs. I feel the index will be
          > > helpful and it certainly will not take away from buying the book. It
          > > will list what page to find the name on and parents and spouses names
          > > if known. Just another tool for a quicker looker upper.........lois
          > >
          > > Richard Garza wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi Lois,
          > > > stolar, see truhlar=cabinet maker
          > > > as to otakar, perhaps a native speaker knows this word.
          > > > Can you tell us in what context you found these words?
          > > > Rick Garza

          > > > Weiser

          > D.M.Schlyter

          Bohumir = Godfrey
          Vladmir = None
          Albin = Albin
          Cenek = Vincent -I think Cenek is a nickname
          Vojteck = Albert, Adelbert
          Ignac = Ignatius
          Bozena = Beatrice
          Jedrich = did not find however Bedrich = Frederick
          Otmar = "
          Libuse = "
          Petrolina = "

          C. Petruy

          > > --
          > > Lois Petter Pereira
          > > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz,
          > > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser
          > >

          > --
          > ARANDELING,ARMSTRONG,BLAZEK,BOWNE,BUCKMASTER,BURDG,BURDGE,CHAPIN
          > DALRYMPLE,DERELL,GODFREY,HARBOUR,HOLBROOK,KAMENCAK,KINGMAN
          > KOTRLA,KOTROLA,MACHALEC,MCNIEL,PAXSON,PONCIK,POWYES,READ,RHODEN-
          > BAUGH,SANUDERS,SAUNDERS,SLAVIK,SMITH,TRACY(TRACEY),VITEK,WILLIS

          Message: 6
          Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 15:18:54 -0600
          From: Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@...>

          I found Jindrich means Henry so possibly Jedrich could be taken from
          that. Thanks...lois

          "J.D.K. Chipps" wrote:

          > My dad's name was "Albin", which became americanized to "Alvin", and
          > my
          > grandfather was called "Jedrich", which became "Henry", if that helps.
          >
          > Good luck
          >
          > Lois Petter Pereira wrote:
          > >
          > > I am making an index to all the names of the book, �migration to
          > Texas
          > > from the Mistek District", and I am running into translation
          > problems.
          > > Stolar and Otakar appears to be occupations. I found most of the
          > words
          > > in the Czech dictionary on line but not these 2. I also need help in
          >
          > > translating names.
          > > Otmar
          > > Bohumir
          > > Vladimir
          > > Albin
          > > Cenek
          > > Vojteck
          > > Ignac
          > > Bozena
          > > Jedrich
          > > Libuse
          > > Petrolina
          > > Now some of these names sound German or Russian to me and I guess
          > > that's why they aren't in the dictionary. Any help anyone? I promise
          >
          > > to share once I am done.....This book is my bible and it seems to be
          >
          > > the case with most Fayette Co. Czechs. I feel the index will be
          > > helpful and it certainly will not take away from buying the book. It
          >
          > > will list what page to find the name on and parents and spouses
          > names
          > > if known. Just another tool for a quicker looker upper.........lois
          > >
          > > Richard Garza wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi Lois,
          > > > stolar, see truhlar=cabinet maker
          > > > as to otakar, perhaps a native speaker knows this word.
          > > > Can you tell us in what context you found these words?
          > > > Rick Garza

          > Filges,

          > Hoelschel,

          > > > Weiser

          > > --
          > > Lois Petter Pereira
          > > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen,
          > Papiz,
          > > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser
          >

          > --
          > ARANDELING,ARMSTRONG,BLAZEK,BOWNE,BUCKMASTER,BURDG,BURDGE,CHAPIN
          > DALRYMPLE,DERELL,GODFREY,HARBOUR,HOLBROOK,KAMENCAK,KINGMAN
          > KOTRLA,KOTROLA,MACHALEC,MCNIEL,PAXSON,PONCIK,POWYES,READ,RHODEN-
          > BAUGH,SANUDERS,SAUNDERS,SLAVIK,SMITH,TRACY(TRACEY),VITEK,WILLIS
          >
          > eGroups Sponsor
          [Click Here!]

          Lois Petter Pereira
          Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz,
          Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

          [This message contained attachments]

          Message: 7
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 16:49:41 EST
          From: darlenbaker@...
          Subject: another search engine

          Hi all I have found another search engine.

          www.alltheweb.com

          try it and see.

          Darlene

          Message: 8
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:27:34 EST
          From: darlenbaker@...
          Subject: Knesek obit

          From Victoria Advocate on line:

          Mary Knesek, 86, of Victoria and formerly of Wallis, died Sunday, Dec. 31,
          2000.

          She was born Sept. 11, 1914, in Frydek, to the late John and Terezie Novosad
          Saha. She was a member of KJZT, Catholic Daughters and Holy Family Catholic
          Church.

          Survivors: husband, Lidge P. Knesek; daughter and son-in-law, Laureen and
          Bennie Vitek of Victoria; grandchildren, Larry Vitek of Inez, Brian Vitek of
          Bloomington, Stephen Vitek of Victoria, Diane Francese, Debbie Frederick and
          Vicki Thomas, all of Austin; and eight great-grandchildren.

          Preceded in death by: parents; sisters, Molly Masaryk, Josephine Kocurek,
          Sister M. Narcissa and Sister M. Leotine; half-sister, Agnes Liska; and
          brothers, Joe Saha and Emil Saha.

          A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. tonight at Knesek Funeral Home chapel in
          Wallis.

          Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, the Rev.
          Monsignor Emilina Foltyn officiating. Knesek Funeral Home, Wallis,
          979-478-6311.

          Message: 9
          Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 20:12:49 -0600
          From: Leroy & Charlene <fhurta@...>
          Subject: Czech Movies

          Hi,

          I got this message and did not have an answer. I would also be
          interested in the dubbed movies. Please help...

          Where can you purchase or rent czech movies? Are there any czech
          organizations in Houston with this information?

          This is from Svatekj@....

          Dekuju a na shledanou,
          Leroy

          Message: 10
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 21:23:50 EST
          From: darlenbaker@...
          Subject: Frank Melnar obit 1961

          Frank Melnar -funeral services were held Monday August 28 at 1:30 pm from
          the
          Kubena Funeral Home followed by services at 2:30 pm at Czech Moravian
          Brethern Church at Vsetin. Age 78 years, he passed away Saturday August 26
          at 7:15 pm at the Youens Hospital in Weimar, Texas.

          Interment was in the Vsetin Cemetery.

          He was born on Dec. 24, 1882 and was united in marriage with Miss Emilie
          Dusek on October 7th, 1906 at Vsetin. Mrs. Melnar passed away on June 27,
          1949. He was a member of the Vsetin CMB Church and the SPJST Society.

          Survivors: Emil of Hackberry and Oscar who is at home: Five daughters-Mrs.
          Agnes Grunewald of Weimar, Mrs Lillie Helwig of Bellaire, Mrs Vlasta
          Michalcik of Bila Hora , Mrs. Zilfa Boethel of Hallettsville and Mrs Leona
          Schaeffer of Hallettsville; three brothers -Ed Melnar of Bila Hora, Emil
          Melnar of Vsetin, and Adolph Melnar of Vsetin and one sister Mrs. Annie
          Tieman of Nelsonville, Texas.
          One son died in infancy.

          *** The Emil Melnar obit that I posted a few days ago--well this is Emil's
          father. ---Darlene

          Message: 11
          Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 21:41:54 -0600
          From: danbea@...
          Subject: Deaths - Year 2000

          From Fayette County (Texas) Record - Year 2000 in Review

          January -
          John Jasek, Jr
          Josephine Kasper Noska
          Elda Annie Matuska
          Emil Korenek
          Alma Mazoch
          Antone James Kocurek
          Eleanor V. Trilicek
          Carole Ann Ulrich Adamcik
          Victor Charles Mach
          August Zatopek
          Elsie Mae Adamcik
          Annie Marie Ermis
          Gladys E. Janack
          Anna Francis Zavoda

          February -
          Henry J. Marek
          Pauline Woychesin Supak
          Charles Stephen Janes
          Lambert G. ":Tom" Kubena
          Emma Mary Zouzalik
          Jerome Petter
          John Otis Marek
          Dorothy Martinek
          Willie P. Vasek
          Edna Kubala Brezik
          Gabriella Zemlicka
          Derryl J. Holub
          Judith Kulhanek

          March:
          Ladik Krhovjak
          Agnes Vera Kallus
          Rosie Chovanec
          Alyne R. Barton
          Albert E. Hoelscher
          Edward J. Supak
          Earline Lilie Adamek
          Bessie J. Kulhanek
          Adeline Francis Minar
          Alma Kulhanek
          Lillian Mary Scherpik Hillman

          April:
          Johnnie Naiser

          May:
          Walter L. Chernosky
          Pearl Lee Matejowsky
          Leroy Kubesch
          Tillie E. Faldyn
          John V. Vasut
          Lillian Zapalac Balzer
          Tillie Herring Drymalla
          Olga Zbranek
          Anne E. Brzycki

          June:
          Emilie M. Chovanec
          Victor Ludwig Mascheck
          Jerome "Jerry" Adamcik
          Marie Veronica Vacula LeBlanc
          Mary E. Kahanek
          Rev. William Halata
          Elo H. Vasut
          Johnnie J. Adamek
          Michael Patrick Matula
          Arnold John Mynar
          Theresa Pavlik Roensch

          The remaining six month review will be published this week. This list
          was garbled in the newspaper and I listed only the names that I
          interpreted as possible Czech decent. If there are any names listed
          here that you would like further information on the newspapers are on
          file at the Fayette Heritage Library and at the newspaper office.

          Message: 12
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:55:02 -0500 (EST)
          From: SA Barton <sabarton@...>
          Subject: RE: Czech Movies

          This is not exactly the answer for your question but the Houston
          Museum of Fine Arts from time to time has Czech films or you might check
          their websiet www.mfah.org; email: film@... or call 713-639-7531. Sara

          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:09:01 -0600
          From: Richard Garza <richardgarza1@...>
          Subject: Re: Deaths - Year 2000

          Hi Bea,
          Thanks for posting the list of Fayette County deaths. It'll also come in
          handy when folks are reviewing the message database of the TexasCzechs
          mailing list at:
          http://www.egroups.com/messages/texasczechs

          Rick

          .
          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

          Message: 14
          Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 23:29:41 -0600
          From: Loretta and David <bohumil@...>

          Definition show to mean, maker, jointer, cabinet maker of little tables,
          bedside table, dressing table, dressers. The other word is not found in
          dictionary.
          David B.

          Garza wrote:

          > Hi Lois,
          > stolar, see truhlar=cabinet maker
          > as to otakar, perhaps a native speaker knows this word.
          > Can you tell us in what context you found these words?
          > Rick Garza
          >
          > On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:44:54 -0600 Lois Petter Pereira
          > <epereira@...> writes:
          > > I need to know the meanings of these words:
          > > stolar with an hacek over the r.
          > > and otakar
          > > I found the rest on the on-line dictionary but not these.
          > > Thanks....lois
          > >
          > > --
          > > Lois Petter Pereira
          > > Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
          > > Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel,
          > > Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen,
          > > Papiz,
          > > Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan,
          > > Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

          Message: 15
          Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:36:19 -0800 (PST)
          From: catspa37@...

          According to Mourek's Old Bohemian Dictionary, a *stolar* is a carpenter
          and *Otakar* is a first name.
          A Reznicek

          [This message contained attachments]