Re: [TexasCzechs] A new Member

  • Leslie Greer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2006
      Good to know.  Thanks! I'm in Austin too!

      Leslie Matzke-Greer

      gbohuslav <gbohuslav@...> wrote:
      My daughter-in-law, Marcela Kourkova, is now a new member of the Texas Czech group.

      Marcela, and my son Roger, both are Art teachers in the Austin Independent School District and they live in Austin.  She just received her teaching degree from Texas State in San Marcos (when I went there it was Southwest Texas State Teachers College).

      Marcela was born and raised in Czechoslovakia and came to America as a political refugee.  She is now a proud American citizen.  She is very fluent in both Czech and English and does a lot of translation.  Her rates are very reasonable.

      Please welcome Marcela to our Czech group.

      Gilbert Bohuslav

    • Julie Matus
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2006
        Marcela, welcome to the Czech group!  And welcome to the great state of Texas!!  I am from the same little town your father-in-law is from - Ammannsville - great little place.  I used to be able to speak Czech, but have not 'used' it in a long while, so it would be very rusty.  I can usually understand conversations in Czech, at least the Czech we speak in Texas.

        Julie Herzik Matus

        Julie & Wes Matus

        Researching:
        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
        Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

        My daughter-in-law, Marcela Kourkova, is now a new member of the Texas Czech group.

        Marcela, and my son Roger, both are Art teachers in the Austin Independent School District and they live in Austin.  She just received her teaching degree from Texas State in San Marcos (when I went there it was Southwest Texas State Teachers College).

        Marcela was born and raised in Czechoslovakia and came to America as a political refugee.  She is now a proud American citizen.  She is very fluent in both Czech and English and does a lot of translation.  Her rates are very reasonable.

        Please welcome Marcela to our Czech group.

        Gilbert Bohuslav

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • George Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2006
          Hi Gilbert and family,
          Welcome to the group.  Just a note to let you know My wife, Joyce, and I live in Austin.  My granddaughter recently completed her first year of teaching reading at Miller Middle School in San Marcos.  She and her husband graduated from UT Austin last year.  He is a jazz musician (sax) who plays a lot around Austin and is currently working on a graduate degree.  I can't forget my other granddaughter who is a Crocket High School student and lives with her sister.

          If there is ever anything we can do to be of assistance please send me an E-mail  and we will do what we can.  And, Gilbert, if you need to get away from the youngsters for a while when you are in Austin this is an open invitation.

          We need teachers!  Good luck.

          George and Joyce Patrick