Jezek descendants

  • CWarschak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
          I don't have any firsthand knowledge about the Jezeks but I think that the Jez families in Temple were originally Jezeks who shortened their names.
          Also, I know that there are Jezek families living in Bremond who consider themselves to be Polish.
    • jackie marek
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
        Jez came from Moravia area, Vsetin, Hrozenkov

        Jezek came from Cechy area, Horni Cermna.

        CWarschak@... wrote:
            I don't have any firsthand knowledge about the Jezeks but I think that the Jez families in Temple were originally Jezeks who shortened their names.
            Also, I know that there are Jezek families living in Bremond who consider themselves to be Polish.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • d1jezek@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
          correct.  all the relevent people i'm looking for came from Cermna.  i trace my line back to house 150 and then back to house 339, and also 202, where several other Jezek lines converge.  i am looking for living decendants of the Hynek/Josef twins who arrived here with their mother Anna Dusek Jezek in 1870 on the ship 'Erna'.
          My immigrant ancestor arrived in texas four years later at the age of 9 and i have no idea who he lived with.  The convergence with these two other lines might be a lead to the answer to that question and to the identities of some people of whom i have photographs.
          Hynek/Ignac and Marie Rypl had children by these names (possibly):
          Ignac B oct 1883
          Joe    B dec 1885
          Winson B oct 1887
          Charley  B may 1892
          John B nov 1893
          Anna  B sep 1898
          Josef and Veronica Syptak had these children according to Rev. Juren's baptism records:
          Oct 21 1882 - Anna Hermina Jezek

          Jan 26 1879 - Josef Vladislav Jezek

          Sept 5 1880=  Vilem Jezek

          Aug 9 1884 - Albina Veronika Jezek

          Sept  23 1873  - Albrecht Jaroslav Jezek

          Dec 6 1890 =  Libuse Frantiska Jezek

          I suspect Albrecht died in infancy because he does not appear in the 1880 census